50 Cal Exploded w/Surplus Round

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
Shooting that thread-on style will now have the feel of walking in the sandbox. I bet the next guy to show up at the range with a Serbu will clear out folks faster than a fart in a small room

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
Shooting that thread-on style will now have the feel of walking in the sandbox. I bet the next guy to show up at the range with a Serbu will clear out folks faster than a fart in a small room
ill be honest I've never shot a gun like that is the thread on style a newer design I'm just curios my coach has a .50 cal rifle but don't know the details. the biggest guns I've shot is a 30-30 rem and a 45-70 marlin and a 10 ga I know much different firearms. Thanks

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
Your welcome. How'd you like that 45-70? That has to be the loudest gun I've ever shot.
I have baby shoulder so it made me sore but it was very fun and YES very loud I shot the 10ga years ago not mine so its hard to compare the recoil but also fun. I really want a 45-70 myself or any henry lever action I've only shot a marlin 45-70 maybe 5 rounds

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
I haven't shot mine in 20yrs. 45-70 ammo is over $2 per round now. You can't go wrong with a lever action IMO. 1st rifle I ever shot was a Marlin 336 30/30 with my grandfather. In the late 80's when Weatherby started the synthetic stock craze price of wood went down, price of levers went way down. I started collecting 336's because I liked them and could buy them for around $150

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
About the only thing I can afford to shoot nowadays is my 22 and even that is getting pricey.
You're right about that. I used to shoot at least 300rds per week in a mix of my favorite cals. Now 22lr is the go to round to get my fix. Centerfire is on restrictions around here. My brass collection is at an all time high. Guess if I run out I can always throw empty brass at them

Last edited:

Bypass

Back in Black
Staff member
Army
Sep 12, 2018
Owens Cross Roads Alabama
You're right about that. I used to shoot at least 300rds per week in a mix of my favorite cals. Now 22lr is the go to round to get my fix. Centerfire is on restrictions around here. My brass collection is at an all time high. Guess if I run out I can always throw empty brass at them
I hear ya man. At this rate we'll all be back to slingshots and pointy sticks. ;)

Tumbleweed

Established Member
Aug 5, 2021
Alabama
I’m glad he’s ok also. Really nice guy. I like his videos. No way I would be shooting anything Serbu though. Barrett or bust.