AlGunForum upgrades

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Heya Guys,

In an effort to keep the community safe and sound, I have upgraded the software to the latest version Xenforo 2.2.6. Everything should work as normal and it was mainly just fixes in the background but I wanted to make sure. So I updated the software.

Some other changes, The default theme is the same but I disabled to Dark and other light brown theme. Its hard to maintain three complex styles but as soon as time permits they will come back. I changed the name to the Simple theme I know some of you use it while on a ipad/tablet. If you need a dark theme let me know and I can get something up that is simple.

As always thank each of you for the support you give the forum, just joining give me the courage to keep it going and maintain the site to the best of my ability.

Some Side notes:

We are always accepting donations - the sidebar link goes straight to paypal and allows us to pay for things.
Web hosting for the forum and graphics and such.
Domain name is ayearly cost
Amazon is where we hold all the images you upload of your firearms
The designs are paid designs custumized by me.
and much more from year to year.

If you were in a line of military service let me know and you will be added to the group of your branch.

The 10 post before you are able to use to marketplace looks like it has been able to slow the spammers from posting fake ads and it will stay in the place for the time being. To get get those post you and make new topics or post to others topics.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
at the bottom there is a style chooser button that allows you to change the theme to certain ones.

I wish I knew it was to bright sooner I can do things to tone it down.

Attachments

• style.jpg
    style.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 3

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
No problem I played with the backgrounds a bit so the default theme should be a bit better now and the dark one is available. I may end up getting a fully customized theme professionally done soon.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
ya sorry I knew some used the dark theme which is why I made the announcement I would add one if needed. The new dark theme isnt perfect as how I like it but it is darker.

I also adjusted some colors on the light one so maybe it doesnt appear as bright as it did. I know not everyone is a fan of white and monitors display white differently, I am mainly on a laptop and do not use full brightness due to battery usage.