Alien gear holsters

Major6464

Established Member
Dec 30, 2020
Alabama
Does anyone use alien gear holsters? What are your thoughts?

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I have read that they are great then I have read that they are not so to each his own, it really comes down to what you like. I want to try one but they are kinda steep when compared to some others but they have been around. If you get one let me know how you like it. I want one for the canik I have.

rmepilot

Established Member
Dec 12, 2020
Huntsville, AL
Does anyone use alien gear holsters? What are your thoughts?
I heard great things about them, so I bought one for my Kimber Micro 9. What they sent me was a holster for a Sig P938 in a Micro 9 box. I tried to fit my Micro 9 in the holster and it was clearly was not meant for the pistol and fit my Sig P938 perfectly (at the time, I owned both pistols). I contacted Alien Gear and they basically said I didn't know what I was talking about and there was nothing they would do about it, but pay for return shipping and get a refund. Honestly, he was quite rude about it.

In the end, shipping both ways cost me over $30, for a $100 holster I couldn't use, as I was planning on selling the P938 anyway.

Sorry for the rant, but I'll never do business with that company again. YMMV

Tider

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2018
South Talladega County
I have one but its the “old” model. Tuck 3 ?? i think. Before they started making the $100+ modular design. I really like it. Wear it alot for around 10 years.
Yep. Went to site and checked. Was cloak tuck 3.0. Not available anymore. Now its 3.5. Looks about the same just different colors. Comfortable to me. But as they say. Ymmv

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
I had Cloak-Tuks for both a 9mm Glock and a 1911. Not bad holsters - I think I had the 2.0 versions, perhaps. I just eventually tried Milt Sparks holsters and the like and didn’t use the AG gear after that.

rick smith

Established Member
Feb 3, 2016
athens
Mine loved to migrate. I suspected that it was a closet small of the back holster which waited until after I bought it to come out. Not cool when you reach for the pistol and it's no longer there. Also very hot in warm weather and didn't protect me from the pistols 80 grit sandpaper like stippling. It resides in my "Box 'o Crap Holsters" now.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
I have a Cloak Tuck 3.5 that I used to use for my USP and Glock 19, and I found it very comfortable. Only problem for me was they don't make a shell to fit a Glock with a Surefire X300U on it so I followed Reddit's advice and got a Vedder Light Tuck. That thing is extremely uncomfortable and I found it much harder to conceal. I just stick to my P365 in a Talon leather wallet holster now and leave the Glock under my bed.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Mine loved to migrate. I suspected that it was a closet small of the back holster which waited until after I bought it to come out. Not cool when you reach for the pistol and it's no longer there. Also very hot in warm weather and didn't protect me from the pistols 80 grit sandpaper like stippling. It resides in my "Box 'o Crap Holsters" now.
Hey Rick, If it makes you Feel any Better I've got one of them "Box 'o Crap Holsters" Myself...Well, Honestly if I dug em All out depending on the size of the box possibly More...Sad to Say!!! :oops:

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
I would not recommend any hybrid holster! They seem appealing to inexperienced gun people but there are much better holster options. Go either all kydex or all leather.
do you have iwb that you like I did read good things on alien gear holsters but don't really have a proper holster to compare I suppose

Grooper

Established Member
Jul 8, 2021
Florence AL
do you have iwb that you like I did read good things on alien gear holsters but don't really have a proper holster to compare I suppose
Yeah I have. Those are really pushed on beginners and can be very expensive because the option look attractive. But any hybrid holster is about the same. They work but they don't work great. Save yourself some money and get a straight kydex holster.

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
Yeah I have. Those are really pushed on beginners and can be very expensive because the option look attractive. But any hybrid holster is about the same. They work but they don't work great. Save yourself some money and get a straight kydex holster.
Thank you for the advice. I will check them out