Ambush Training

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
Did two days of Ambush training or How Not to Get Ambushed and What To Do In and around Vehicles if Ambushed. This was LE training.
Observation #1: Gotta get me a red dot or scope for my AR. 55 year old eyes trying to pick up black gray steel in the shade really slowed my hits down. I hit good with my 16 inch A1 AR but it was a struggle lining everything up.
Observation #2: Water silencers are freaking cool. Just "fthit" and "clang".
Observation #3: Hoover PD has gone to Glocks with MRDS and their SWAT guys were superb. Each hit an IPSC plate at 75 yards with their MRDS Glock 9's, 5 outta 5 times. And I'm talking a rapid cadence. Most impressive. Regardless, you are in a world of hurt if you are in a rifle fight with a pistol!
Observation #4: It is SO EASY for bad guys to kill cops if the cops are not 100% on their game. And that means not being lazy and pretty much being a dick! Several of the bad guy roll players said that they believed me and felt fear when I drew on them and yelled "Move and I will fucking kill you" even though we had Simmunition guns and marking rounds. AFter 30 years I had practice on my voice commands!
Observation #5: If you ever get a chance to do force on force training, DO IT! If you aren't a LEO or combat vet, I know it will change your perspective on law enforcement/bad guy encounters. Police are ALWAYS reacting to the bad guy and "behind the curve" in their response. If we are lucky the bad guy misses but a lot of time they don't.
Observation #6: I wish the USA was more like Europe where the cops carried a slung 9mm subgun or 5.56 the entire shift instead of a sidearm but most Americans wouldn't like that idea.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Did two days of Ambush training or How Not to Get Ambushed and What To Do In and around Vehicles if Ambushed. This was LE training.
Observation #1: Gotta get me a red dot or scope for my AR. 55 year old eyes trying to pick up black gray steel in the shade really slowed my hits down. I hit good with my 16 inch A1 AR but it was a struggle lining everything up.
Observation #2: Water silencers are freaking cool. Just "fthit" and "clang".
Observation #3: Hoover PD has gone to Glocks with MRDS and their SWAT guys were superb. Each hit an IPSC plate at 75 yards with their MRDS Glock 9's, 5 outta 5 times. And I'm talking a rapid cadence. Most impressive. Regardless, you are in a world of hurt if you are in a rifle fight with a pistol!
Observation #4: It is SO EASY for bad guys to kill cops if the cops are not 100% on their game. And that means not being lazy and pretty much being a dick! Several of the bad guy roll players said that they believed me and felt fear when I drew on them and yelled "Move and I will fucking kill you" even though we had Simmunition guns and marking rounds. AFter 30 years I had practice on my voice commands!
Observation #5: If you ever get a chance to do force on force training, DO IT! If you aren't a LEO or combat vet, I know it will change your perspective on law enforcement/bad guy encounters. Police are ALWAYS reacting to the bad guy and "behind the curve" in their response. If we are lucky the bad guy misses but a lot of time they don't.
Observation #6: I wish the USA was more like Europe where the cops carried a slung 9mm subgun or 5.56 the entire shift instead of a sidearm but most Americans wouldn't like that idea.
Hey Stumpy, Thanks for the Good Information...I assume they were all Running a G17 or possibly a G19...As far as the Red Dots go Stumpy, did you happen to notice what the Preferred or Dominant Brand was...ie: Holosun, Sig Romeo, Trijicon, Vortex, Leupold...etc? Thanks Again...

Ridgerunnercamo

Established Member
Apr 26, 2021
Alabama
The Alert training is a great program for civilians. I've encouraged several churches to get their men in the training program.
Personally I prefer a trusty 1911 or a pump 12ga with no fancy sights or batteries required.
But the training is very realistic.
Technically it's called ALERRT, for Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Tactics.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Hard to Beat a John Moses Browning Patented 1911 that's been War Proven and continually carried and Re Proven Since 1911!!! Also, It's Hard to Beat a Quality Pump Shotgun that When Racked Speaks A Universal Language that All Understand & Fear!!!