Another noob

steve.moffett

Established Member
Sep 19, 2020
Madison, AL
Hello everyone. I grew up in Mississippi (back when the earth's crust was still cooling) and have just moved to the Huntsville-Madison area, and truly hope to never have to move again! I enjoy shooting, reloading, and hunting - mostly for deer, but occasionally dove as well. I've recently reduced the number of calibers I shoot, so I'm down to a 20 gauge shotgun, 22LR for plinking, .308 for hunting large game, 5.56 for home defense, and 9mm for close range defense (well, except there might be a couple small .380 in there as well). I really only care to reload the .308 at this point, and once we get settled into a house here, I'll be looking to develop loads for a single-shot CVA and a Savage Axis (which I'm also trying to restock and glass bed into a Boyd's thumbhole stock). At some point I might be convinced to get another .45-70, because when I'm using my reloads, it drops those deer and they never get back up! Anyway, I am pleased to find this forum, and look forward to spending time here, learning from everyone, and enjoying the company.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Hey Steve,

Welcome to Alabama and Welcome to the forum. There are many great shops and shooting places in Huntville area.