Any experience with this ar tempted to give a try

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL

Foxtrot Mike Semi-Auto 5.56 / .223 AR-15 Pistol, 13.9" BBL, 13" M-LOK Handguard, Convertible 4-Position Forward Charging Handle - FMP5.56-GEN2-13.9P​

i've been interested in a bufferless ar any experience with them? Thanks

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I’m not familiar with this specific firearm but it reminds me of the CMMG dissent that was recently announced. I’ve been looking unsuccessfully for a dissent for a few months.

The price on the one in your link is hard to beat for sure.

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
I’m not familiar with this specific firearm but it reminds me of the CMMG dissent that was recently announced. I’ve been looking unsuccessfully for a dissent for a few months.

The price on the one in your link is hard to beat for sure.
I thought it was a good price to give a try I already have a brace at the house, If i pin and weld to 16in can i legally change it to rifle?

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
So I do not play a lawyer at work thus any legal advice is suspect.

My general understanding is that as long as the barrel is >16” it’s a rifle. Putting a pistol brace on it would be another option in its current configuration. Maybe a folding one would be interesting?

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
So I do not play a lawyer at work thus any legal advice is suspect.

My general understanding is that as long as the barrel is >16” it’s a rifle. Putting a pistol brace on it would be another option in its current configuration. Maybe a folding one would be interesting?
sorry i was just curious, ill see if it is possible to change a bought pistol to a rifle legally Ill research but its not a deal breaker for it ill use brace NP, Thank you

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
sorry i was just curious, ill see if it is possible to change a bought pistol to a rifle legally Ill research but its not a deal breaker for it ill use brace NP, Thank you
It is actually, but legally speaking it only works one way; i.e. a pistol AR can become a rifle if you put a 16+ inch barrel and a stock on it but it's now permanently a rifle and can't legally go back to being a pistol. To add to that like @Drcrimson was mentioning you could put a 16+ inch upper on your pistol lower with the brace on it and it's now legally considered a "firearm" instead of a pistol or a rifle (so long as the overall length is over 26 inches with the brace pushed all the way in) which is a kind of legal loophole/grey area.

Thanks NFA for making this so confusing!

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
Thanks Dfalt i'm fine not going back to pistol if i do that i like the idea of a slim foldable brace/stock to make a somewhat compact 556 with decent ballistics, That was my thinking on the pin and weld just for tad shorter and i think i can use a stock then as long as its 16.5in pin and weld more double checking to do tho, I'm just unsure what will happen to these braces, I appreciate yall

copperhead-1911

Established Member
Feb 29, 2016
New castle/livingston

Foxtrot Mike Semi-Auto 5.56 / .223 AR-15 Pistol, 13.9" BBL, 13" M-LOK Handguard, Convertible 4-Position Forward Charging Handle - FMP5.56-GEN2-13.9P​

i've been interested in a bufferless ar any experience with them? Thanks
at that price seems you can get more know brands

dorr36

Jun 28, 2021
Dothan, AL
I haven't tried their 5.56/.223 stuff, however I do have a 9mm pistol and rifle from them and am pleased with them. I wouldn't hesitate to buy 5.56 versions and have thought about it, I just have other things on my list ahead of them.

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
I haven't tried their 5.56/.223 stuff, however I do have a 9mm pistol and rifle from them and am pleased with them. I wouldn't hesitate to buy 5.56 versions and have thought about it, I just have other things on my list ahead of them.
I will let you know how it runs Its supposed the be at the ffl the 14th.