Any good tactical training N. Alabama?

Mpgmpgmpg

Established Member
Aug 27, 2021
Elkmont
Recently got out of the Army, SOF, looking for places to keep fresh near Huntsville.

Also trying to reach my 10 post minimum so I can buy and sell some things…

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
I’ve long heard of Shootrite Firearms Academy in Langston run by Tiger McKee, who comes highly-recommended. I’m a little embarrassed to have lived in this state as long as I have to have not taken advantage yet of his training. I may be mistaken in what I’m about to say and would welcome any corrective updates - I think Mr. McKee may have recently scaled-back his training schedule somewhat.

theothermikeg

Established Member
Jan 19, 2022
Birmingham
I’ve long heard of Shootrite Firearms Academy in Langston run by Tiger McKee, who comes highly-recommended. I’m a little embarrassed to have lived in this state as long as I have to have not taken advantage yet of his training. I may be mistaken in what I’m about to say and would welcome any corrective updates - I think Mr. McKee may have recently scaled-back his training schedule somewhat.
I was interested in Shootrite and called last Sunday night, expecting voicemail, and Tiger answered the phone. Seemed like a good guy. You're correct, he has no class schedule. He trains individuals or small groups by appointment only. $600 per day for 1-2 students. 3 or more is $250 per person. Experienced shooters only, no beginners.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
I was interested in Shootrite and called last Sunday night, expecting voicemail, and Tiger answered the phone. Seemed like a good guy. You're correct, he has no class schedule. He trains individuals or small groups by appointment only. $600 per day for 1-2 students. 3 or more is $250 per person. Experienced shooters only, no beginners.

Hey, thank you for that update! I’m glad he’s still in the teaching biz, even by-appointment.

On a loosely-related note, I sure like the revolver “Chopper” conversions he’s doing these days, as well as the knives he’s crafting. Good stuff!

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
Look up Matt Simms on facebook or just Google him. Matt is a great trainer. Used to be a travelling SigArms Academy trainer waaaaay back when. Now he is sponsored by Nighthawk Custom.

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
Frank is not with the CMP. He runs WAY OF THE GUN. He has a private range in Eastaboga but now seems to teach on the road mostly.