Anybody here collect old firearms?

DixieReb

Established Member
Jan 31, 2021
Andalusia AL
I’ve got several old Remington Rolling Blocks, a Krag-Jorgensen, and several civil war firearms. Just wondered if any of ya’ll had interest in old guns.

Crasher

Established Member
Jan 31, 2016
What are you asking on the Krag? Would love to see pictures of that, and the CW ones.

DixieReb

Established Member
Jan 31, 2021
Andalusia AL
What are you asking on the Krag? Would love to see pictures of that, and the CW ones.
I’m not selling the Krag, soon as I learn how to post pics I’ll show them, you’d love to hear how I got the Krag for $100, I’ll post back later tonight, just got to my tree stand, running late this evening, caught trespassers and had to call law

Joel6180

Staff member
Advisor
Jan 27, 2018
Atmore, AL
New ones, old ones, it doesn't matter to me, I like them all. Saw where you joined GCGF today DixieReb - nice to have you.

DixieReb

Established Member
Jan 31, 2021
Andalusia AL
Here’s the story on how I acquired the Krag, must have been 6 or 7 years ago I was looking on Craigslist out of the Dothan area, can’t remember if I was searching under Barter or Sporting at the time, but anyway I saw an ad listed as “Springfield” and as we all know selling guns is prohibited on CL. Well I call this man since a picture was not posted and he tells me about an old gun he picked but he didn’t know what it was, I remember asking him was it stamped with any 1890’s dates since he said all he knew was that it was a bolt action rifle. He said yes so I told him immediately I wanted it and would come that night but it was late and I took off from work the next day and drove to Dothan to pay him what he was asking, $100. He had just got the rifle he told me. He said him and his wife were riding around out in the country somewhere in Dale County when they came up to some folks south of the border that was tearing down an old barn, they stopped to see if they could buy some old barn wood and he saw the barrel sticking up out of the big dumpster, he asked about the gun and they told him they found it n the barn or in the wall of the barn as they were tearing it down, so that just let him have it. So lucky me , I was first person to see the ad and called him, next day when I drove over to get it he said he had many calls about and higher offers on it, but he was a man of his word, he held it for me til the next morning and I paid him what he was asking, $100 cash

cutt

Established Member
Jul 11, 2020
st.clair county
Here’s the story on how I acquired the Krag, must have been 6 or 7 years ago I was looking on Craigslist out of the Dothan area, can’t remember if I was searching under Barter or Sporting at the time, but anyway I saw an ad listed as “Springfield” and as we all know selling guns is prohibited on CL. Well I call this man since a picture was not posted and he tells me about an old gun he picked but he didn’t know what it was, I remember asking him was it stamped with any 1890’s dates since he said all he knew was that it was a bolt action rifle. He said yes so I told him immediately I wanted it and would come that night but it was late and I took off from work the next day and drove to Dothan to pay him what he was asking, $100. He had just got the rifle he told me. He said him and his wife were riding around out in the country somewhere in Dale County when they came up to some folks south of the border that was tearing down an old barn, they stopped to see if they could buy some old barn wood and he saw the barrel sticking up out of the big dumpster, he asked about the gun and they told him they found it n the barn or in the wall of the barn as they were tearing it down, so that just let him have it. So lucky me , I was first person to see the ad and called him, next day when I drove over to get it he said he had many calls about and higher offers on it, but he was a man of his word, he held it for me til the next morning and I paid him what he was asking, $100 cash
What rolling blocks do you have and price of course.

DixieReb

Established Member
Jan 31, 2021
Andalusia AL
Mine are not for sale at the moment unless a big offer was made, I need to post pictures when I get the time to pull them out. One is an unknown caliber that I have and is a carbine with saddle rings on it, possibly Calvary rifle?