Anyone dealing with any Vax mandates or pushes yet?

DD_Dinosaur

Established Member
Oct 25, 2020
South Alabama
Well we just got told our insurance premiums are going up for unvaxxed and if you have to Quarantine and you're unvaxxed you have to use you vacation time or be unpaid but vaxed people never have to Quarantine they just test after 3 days of exposure!

DD_Dinosaur

Established Member
Oct 25, 2020
South Alabama
Funny how if they did the same for obese people, it would cause a serious uproar and thousands of law suits, yet the mortality rates and increased medical expenses for obesity are fact based.
Exactly and when I asked how was it not all rules apply for everyone since vax can still spread it I was told "I don't know. It's from corporate and they are still investigating everything "

Reactions: Trs

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
I just got an email yesterday saying we'd have until Oct 1st to fill out an "attestation form" as to whether we're vaxxed or not. Funny thing was they didn't say what would happen if we didn't so my plan is to ignore it and see what happens.

DD_Dinosaur

Established Member
Oct 25, 2020
South Alabama
I just got an email yesterday saying we'd have until Oct 1st to fill out an "attestation form" as to whether we're vaxxed or not. Funny thing was they didn't say what would happen if we didn't so my plan is to ignore it and see what happens.
It all sucks man. I'm not against vaccines at all but I feel it should be a choice. I can't lose my job if push comes to shove bc I can't make the money I make now and anywhere else I go to work more than likely would require it

Reactions: Trs

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
I'm in the same boat, but there are some things in life worth more than money - like being able to have kids one day and not die from blood clots or heart problems. If it comes down to it I'll try to get a religious exemption and you might wanna look into it as well.

rick smith

Established Member
Feb 3, 2016
athens
Been a professional pilot for 40 years, 21 with the airlines. I had the virus and felt like crap for 3 days. (The government doesn't believe in natural immunity because there's no money in, or political power over anyone who has natural immunity)
Of course pilots are required to get the vaccine as a condition of employment, (One of the most morally reprehensible acts I can recall)

I refuse because I believe strongly in the concept of self ownership. (If you don't own your body, then what can you own?)
I won't take a medical or religious accommodation because I won't lie just to avoid the vaccination.

I've gotten vaccines all my life. Vaccines are a great good for all of us WHEN they are tested, (long term), approved, and TAKEN VOLUNTARILY . This vaccine makes the recipient part of the "experiment" in long term effects. Now that folks who have the vaccine and all 26 boosters are STILL getting, (And spreading), the virus, why would I get the vaccine?

In a month I will lose not just my job, but my CHOSEN CAREER. which took decades of hard work to achieve. The day I leave, my flying career is over and I will never fly professionally again. I have no job prospects and don't expect to find employment again because everyone will require "Your papers, please" to prove vaccine status.

Although I grieve the loss of the career that I love, I grieve far more for the loss of the country I love. Once the Supreme Court approves of the mandates, (And rest assured that they will), the future is wide open for the destruction of any and all rights.
We don't have a Congress to represent us any more; they abdicated their proper role as law makers in favor of executive orders and edicts from the president during the Obama administration and have done little since then.
If you are unvaccinated you should plan to be blamed for everything from global warming to cancer. If this was 1935 Germany, most of the folks you know would be wearing Swastika arm bands. Unfortunately, you are the "New Jew". (A Pulaski city councilman said recently that the unvaccinated should be made to wear some identifying feature so that we would know who they were. I suggested a yellow star of David)

A couple of years ago In Hollywood, there was a man named Harvey Weinstein who was a big movie producer. When he had a movie coming up people would come to him to interview for a part. They wanted to be stars and be in his movies. If they were an attractive woman he would tell them that they had to allow him to put anything into their body that he wanted to, otherwise, no job. Can you tell me the philosophical difference between Harvey Weinstein and the U.S. government?

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Mine is alittle backwards but, I wasn’t going to get the vax but due to my job changing and training I was told to get the vax which I did, I got the moderna because they seem to have their shot in order the best. I took the first dose and I have 24 hour fever and fatigue. After the 24 hours I was good back to normal. A month later I took the second dose and was fucked for a week as felt sick for another week. New day, new fever, had to get COVID test was good. One day woke up 102 temp had to miss training to go to doc and got tested for everything, flu, COVID, blood work, still had the temp.

If I had to do it over again I would not get the vax. It disrupted my life to much for two weeks.