AR 450 Bushmaster question

jmccullar

Established Member
Jan 30, 2016
I have a 450 Bushmaster AR and I really like the gun. However, the only ammo I have been able to find is Hornady American Whitetail. My gun zero’s great but it doesn’t always reload the next cartridge. I killed an 8point last season and had to manually eject casings. Not fun when the target is running? I was told I needed different ammo that Hornady whitetail’s specs aren’t precise enough. I am curious if anyone else has had this issue? If so did different ammo solve the problem? Thanks in advance!

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
I have been looking into a 350 or 450 AR so I haven't had hands on experience but I was told to check the magazine spring and follower and also have an upgraded buffer spring, I'm rather inexperienced so my answer is silly but hopefully it points you in the right direction or someone will correct me on here haha. also I read for 450 bush mags to be fully loaded for a while if new or upgraded spring and follower.

jmccullar

Established Member
Jan 30, 2016
I have both and they really shoot well!! The cool thing about the 350 is you only have to change the barrel. Just having those issues with the 450. I bought 450 bushmaster clips because I had read about that issue. It is a BCA upper. I have messaged them as well

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
I have both and they really shoot well!! The cool thing about the 350 is you only have to change the barrel. Just having those issues with the 450. I bought 450 bushmaster clips because I had read about that issue. It is a BCA upper. I have messaged them as well
Thanks that's good info! I hope they get that problem fixed for you, Hopefully something simple.