atlantic firearms?

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
atlantic firearms anyone have experience with them? Thanks

coachwill

Established Member
Apr 8, 2021
Vestavia Hills
They are generally pretty good. There prices to an FFL are decent but they don't keep a lot of things in stock now and when they do get weapons in like AK's they aren't the really good ones. Overall great customer service though.

Xero

Established Member
May 20, 2021
Auburn
All through the pandemic, they were basically "drop shippers." So they get a whole bunch of people to buy stuff that's labeled "in stock." Then whenever the stuff comes in (specifically my experience is with their ammo), they finally ship it. Basically, they got your money first for backorders. In any case, fulfillment could take a few days or a couple months. They were terrible about answering phone calls or emails as well. A bunch of folks on reddit had to do chargebacks on their credit card. I highly recommend using a credit card.

coachwill

Established Member
Apr 8, 2021
Vestavia Hills
All through the pandemic, they were basically "drop shippers." So they get a whole bunch of people to buy stuff that's labeled "in stock." Then whenever the stuff comes in (specifically my experience is with their ammo), they finally ship it. Basically, they got your money first for backorders. In any case, fulfillment could take a few days or a couple months. They were terrible about answering phone calls or emails as well. A bunch of folks on reddit had to do chargebacks on their credit card. I highly recommend using a credit card.
As an FFL we didn't have that experience with them. We were buying ammo however as we had a pretty solid supply up until a few weeks ago when it basically dried up from another distributor. On weapons though the difference between what we can pay from another distributor and Atlantic Firearms is barely enough to cover shipping costs. That makes it where I don't generally buy guns from them unless I can't get it somewhere else to fulfill a customer request.

Trs

Established Member
Jun 5, 2021
Albany, Ga
Sounds like BS, one person I shoot with regularly has over 20 guns from them, never a problem, the back order story smells fishy all the way to Georgia!! Sounds like your one of them many "I have an FFL give me a discount" types, I get the same thing, guess what?? Buy volume, get lo price!! I personally would never buy ammo from them, they are not a big seller.

Last edited:

Xero

Established Member
May 20, 2021
Auburn
Sounds like BS, one person I shoot with regularly has over 20 guns from them, never a problem, the back order story smells fishy all the way to Georgia!! Sounds like your one of them many "I have an FFL give me a discount" types, I get the same thing, guess what?? Buy volume, get lo price!! I personally would never buy ammo from them, they are not a big seller.
I don't even know what you're talking about. If I have an FFL, why would I bother trying to sell a gun here?

If I purchase something that you list as "in stock," I shouldn't have to wait weeks for a shipping date. That was my experience, and I specifically said it was for ammo. If you wouldn't buy ammo from them, good for you. I tried, and it sucked.

Trs

Established Member
Jun 5, 2021
Albany, Ga
I don't even know what you're talking about. If I have an FFL, why would I bother trying to sell a gun here?

If I purchase something that you list as "in stock," I shouldn't have to wait weeks for a shipping date. That was my experience, and I specifically said it was for ammo. If you wouldn't buy ammo from them, good for you. I tried, and it sucked.
Funny story, you must be the only one.