Best outdoor ranges in the area?

plato

Established Member
Sep 19, 2023
Pelham
where can I bring my rifle to shoot? What outdoor range can I go to for some long shots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FTG-05

Established Member
Apr 27, 2022
TN
Mine:

l9Z5m2q.jpg

v8YI8uh.jpg

RustyRooster

Established Member
Sep 16, 2023
Birmingham
Now seeing your profile says you are in Pelham, try the Cahaba River Wildlife Management Area Shooting Range
Have you shot there recently? What is the setup as far as targets? In other words, do you need to bring your own stands/cardboard? Closest berm is 25 yards. Any issue with setting up targets inside of that for pistol? How are they on drawing from the holster and such?

Any insight you have on the range would be appreciated.

Wesleykey

Director of Product Enhancement
Nov 7, 2023
Alabama
Have you shot there recently? What is the setup as far as targets? In other words, do you need to bring your own stands/cardboard? Closest berm is 25 yards. Any issue with setting up targets inside of that for pistol? How are they on drawing from the holster and such?

Any insight you have on the range would be appreciated.
I Have not been to that WMA range, but I have been to several others and all are well maintained with very low cost to shoot.

Fishkat

Established Member
Feb 14, 2024
Birmingham
you might consider trying the FOP 100yd range near Hueytown/Birmingham or drive out to the CMP range near Talladega 50yds out to 650yds, i like there unknown distance range.