Best self defense insurance for Alabama residents

Oz82

Established Member
Dec 26, 2021
Blount County
What's the best option for self defense insurance for residents of Alabama?

In our scenario, we sometimes leave the state and would need multi-state coverage as well as a good reliable source for legal requirements that we will encounter while we travel. I also have specifically chosen to use the term "self defense" instead of "firearm" insurance, as there's no difference in my mind what tool someone uses to defend themselves or others, but some of these organizations disagree for some reason.

We have left the US Law Shield for a few reasons, mostly due to how we and others we know were treated by their representatives.

Starting my research, I was prejudiced towards USCCA, but their representation seems to be quite similar to the negatives that we encountered with US Law Shield, plus they seem to have poor relations with organizations that they have listed as "affiliates" (this forum being one of them). If they can't maintain amicable relationships with the folks promoting them, I'm skeptical that a little ol' policy holder will have a better experience.

Our leader at this time seems to be CCW Safe and we're probably going to be pulling the trigger (pun intended) within a week or so, but would love to hear from anyone who has opinions and experiences to share. Plus, as I wasn't seeing any other similar thread, I thought this might be helpful to others in the future.

Thanks!

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama

It is about 50 minutes of videos and I want to make clear that I am not educated on the subject nor am I affiliated with any of these channels or individuals I also am not educated in the legal system much. This is also YouTube so anyone can make or say anything but what I can say is it seems to differ a lot from state to state especially if you cross state lines often, the common denominator seems to be to find the right fit for you and will take some time before a decision. I wish I was more help but I'm relatively to carrying everyday so take what I am saying with a grain of salt. I looked up the newest videos on the subject (not sure if that is the way to go on YouTube) I did watch the videos but will continue to do research myself and speak with a professional in the great state of Alabama. I really hope this will help point people in the right direction, sorry for the long post and video's but I do believe this is an important thread to bring attention to. Hopefully a true professional will find this thread. Thanks guys.

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
It was supposed to be 4 vids but 3 of them say unavailable when I linked them not sure what I did wrong. Here are the titles sorry about that.

Comparing Firearms and Carry Insurance Companies | Which Carry Insurance Should I Get??​

The Truth About The USCCA Self-Defense Liability Policy - Attorney Marc J. Victor​

FAQ # 70 Concealed Carry Insurance​

Rufus Rods

Established Member
Apr 26, 2022
Foley,AL.
I have US Law Shield because it is NOT an insurance company. The number one goal of insurance companies is to NOT pay claims.

US Law Shield is more like a club that pools it’s money to keep lawyers on retainer and also pay for the defense if the member legally discharges the firearm.

When you call US Law Shield after an incident, the call goes directly to the attorney assigned to your state, not to a call center that will have an attorney get back to you.

My $.02 worth.