best sight tool?

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good sight tool to replace regular sights with night sights? I have looked but there are so many to choose from I do not want to get one that will mess up the slide or the new sights.

bamabum

Staff member
Oct 19, 2020
Wedowee
I have 3, all made by Maryland Gun Works (MGW). My first was a dedicated Sig model, MGW-307, and it was okay but somewhat limited to specific models (P220, P225, P226, P228, P229, P239).

My second one, which is a beast, is the MGW SightPro. It is a "universal" design, where you buy shoes unique to each specific slide. It is probably the best on the market but somewhat pricey. Also, very heavy.

My third one is the MGW RangeMaster that is almost identical to the SightPro, just a few pounds lighter so it is more convenient to carry to the range when making sight adjustments. The RangeMaster and SightPro shoes are interchangeable, which is a plus as the shoes run about $20 each.

Ed Jennings

Established Member
Jul 6, 2020
Pleasant Grove AL
Look at www.sightpushertool.com
They are manufactured right here in Alabama. I designed the tools, and they have received some very favorable write ups in the gun press. Particularly American Handgunner. Roy Huntington was very complimentary. Not the cheapest, but a lot less expensive than the stuff from MGW.