bought an upper from an individual online did not come as advertised advice please

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
bought an upper online was supposed to come with bcg and Handle did not. I don't wanna deal with him anymore but should I? SOLGW East india 11.5 10.5" Super Modular Rail MK16 M-LOK® - Black so i still did get a fair deal should i let it go? 11.5.jpg

Zeroz

Established Member
Sep 22, 2021
Prattville
I would reach out and ask where the other parts are. I like to get what I agreed upon for the price that was intended. Could of been an honest mistake. Guess in the end are you happy enough with what you got for the price.

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
I would reach out and ask where the other parts are. I like to get what I agreed upon for the price that was intended. Could of been an honest mistake. Guess in the end are you happy enough with what you got for the price.
he hasn't answered yet I'm not mad as its still is a good deal but disappointed. I guess i should've known better, nothing else seems wrong or odd it does seem to be put together really well as its is a SOLGW East india 11.5 with a 10.5" Super Modular Rail MK16

bamabum

Staff member
Oct 19, 2020
Randolph County
The definition of "complete upper" usually means completely assembled, which is how Aero and BA, for instance, sell theirs and that definition does not include the BCG or CH. From an individual, there should be clarifying words as to exactly what is expected/included.

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
The definition of "complete upper" usually means completely assembled, which is how Aero and BA, for instance, sell theirs and that definition does not include the BCG or CH. From an individual, there should be clarifying words as to exactly what is expected/included.
I knew about Aero doing that did not Know SOLGW did that so probably more my fault it was advertise as just needing a muzzle device but now that i think of it I shouldnt of jumped on it so quick should have took a little more time to think

Zerofoxtrot

Established Member
Aug 1, 2023
Athens
Some websites, such as GAFS, takes this pretty serious. If there are photos or items listed as part of the deal that did not show, then the mods will reach out too. If they suspect anything shady, they’ll ban the user. While this doesn’t necessarily help you recover any losses, it can prevent it from happening to others too.

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
Some websites, such as GAFS, takes this pretty serious. If there are photos or items listed as part of the deal that did not show, then the mods will reach out too. If they suspect anything shady, they’ll ban the user. While this doesn’t necessarily help you recover any losses, it can prevent it from happening to others too.
that is where i got it from

rybern

Established Member
Aug 31, 2023
Albertville, Alabama
As you know by now now details discussed before the sale would prevent this. I've had a similar experience many years ago.

Did the pictures in the listing show the charging handle? If so then the C/H should at least be included unless otherwise specified.

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
As you know by now now details discussed before the sale would prevent this. I've had a similar experience many years ago.

Did the pictures in the listing show the charging handle? If so then the C/H should at least be included unless otherwise specified.
long story short it was 90% my fault yes also muzzle device but didn't want it, none attached to upper all separate with optional pricing if you wanted more for a better bundle, doesn't matter i still got more than a fair deal That rail i wanted to jump on ASAP so all is good.

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
@Zerofoxtrot @rybern @Seth lail
The reason it is mainly my fault kinda all really is I messaged him about the the complete upper nothing but the Rail was attached. I really wanted a rail as the rail cost more anyways then i paid for this upper. he had options to add the other parts etc.. but was not familiar with the format he used so show the different pricings. Example Upper as a set cost as do the other the other items but if you buy BCG i will take X amount off, if you buy all items to make it a "truly complete upper" I will save on shipping thus able to give the best deal Y amount. even tho it is higher it is overall a better deal for every one. I was not patient enough to thoroughly look at the longish List with Multiple prices as individual parts compared to the multiple bundle prices and was greedy to jump on the deal as i knew it would go fast. I am also still relatively inexperienced with GAFS i'm still learning how to neatly make a post as my posts do get denied most of the time and don't know how to edit posts properly so i used the comments and that makes things confusing for everyone. This is exacerbated by my good flair/rep but those are almost all buys so it makes me look way more experienced with GAFS than I am so of course he would be confused, when i explain that too him and showed him history on their he completely understood and even apologized for the back and forth even tho he had no reason too and said if he would let me know if he goes to sell another charging handle and BCG of the same quality he would PM first before posting so he is a nice guy not Malicious at all, I was the asshole in this. I know all of you are familiar with this upper but just in case here are some links and I have way less in this upper especially since it has Zero rounds and new so It's all good and me and him are good.

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
In my head when I hear complete upper though, I imagine I can take that complete upper slap it on a complete lower and fire it
company's like Aero consider them complete with no Handle or BCG from factory as stated by @bamabum

This @Seth lail

Globe

Established Member
Jan 7, 2022
Alabama
I’ve almost done that myself, I have to slow down and read the fine details. It can be misleading, intentional or not.