Built a service that sends you a text when primers are in-stock

Storm_

Established Member
Feb 6, 2021
Tuscaloosa
Hi Guys, I'm Ben (Storm_) and I built a tool called PrimerPrimer.

Simply put: I built a service that sends you a text when primers are in-stock.

We use code to crawl the internet very fast for in-stock primers and send you a text message with a link and all the details when we find them in-stock.

We charge about $12/m it to cover server costs. Right now we notify for Small rifle but soon we will do other types of primers too.

Here's a link to our site: https://primerprimer.com/

We search over 20 different online retailers and over 200 products every minute to check if they are in stock.
That's just Small Rifle Primers too.

It's helped my friends and a lot and I think it could help some of y'all as well. Sure beats driving up to Bass pro a few times a week. :)

Also here is a little backstory on it:

How it started

A few months ago my buddies and I began laying the foundation for starting a commercial reloading operation. Quickly, we realized how bad the primer shortage had become.

After a bit of digging, many hours on hold, and chatting with a lot of different companies I realized something interesting.

While significantly less, the supply of primers to retails has not stopped, and many weeks 1 or 2 retailers will actually get primers in-stock online. (But you do have to be quick, they sell out in minutes)

So, we got to work. We built some code that will check about 23 different retailers at a very fast interval and text us a link when they are in-stock.

Over the last 30 days of using our system we were able to get enough primers to not worry about proceeding with our little commercial reloading operations.

Where we are now

Instead of turning the system off last week, we thought we might as well bundle it up into a small service, and offer it to other frequent shooters and reloaders.

That $12/m goes towards hopefully covering server costs and maybe getting us a few beers.

In a nutshell here is how it works:
  • An individual would sign up
    • Provide the phone number they want to receive the texts on
    • Select what type of primer they want texts for
  • We shoot you a text message whenever we detect a primer in-stock
    • You can click the link and make your purchase if you choose.
  • Cancel anytime, don't even have to call us, can do it right from the website.

I believe less honorable individuals are quickly buying these up for scalping due to the current resale price on Gunbrokers.

While PrimerPrimer was built for a commercial application, I hope PrimerPrimer can help level the playing field for non-commercial users.