Bulk 22 Ammo

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
I bought a bunch of random bulk 22 ammo over the years and have just gotten around to shooting some of the various brands in higher volumes

I am most impressed with the regular 40gr CCI Blazer 22 high velocity gray and black box that can be had just about anywhere for 5 cents a round or less

I have shot about 1500 rounds of this through a Ruger Mark II and a Browning Buck Mark, only had a couple FTF or FTE and reasonable accuracy/consistency shot to shot

Now for the most disappointing ammo in these same guns was Winchester M-22 (mostly black box) I again fired about 1500 rounds of this stuff in the same guns and experienced a FTF or FTE about every 30-40 rounds or so and accuracy was poor compared to the blazer.

I am going to shoot the Aquila next and see how that compares.

What is your favorite cheap bulk 22 for general plinking?

Rayd8

Established Member
Army
Feb 11, 2019
Rocket City
I’ve been a longtime fan of CCI 22. I’ve shot 710 FPS subs, but prefer the 1070 for most plinking. I run an MP 15-22 and a Savage bolt.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
The aguila was ok, at the same price point as the CCI blazer (this is the grey box with 525 round bulk) I will buy the blazer still, at less money, the Aguila would be ok

The one I found to be the best so far is Federal Automatch, over 600 rounds, not a single FTF or FTE