• Alabama Gun Forum is a free, privatly owned and supported community of gun owners. We are free to join and free to use the marketplace. We are always working to improve the community. Please be aware of all forum rules and all gun regulations related to selling and buying firearms. Alabama Gun Forum is not responsible for trasnactions on this forum.

Buying and selling a house

RandallC

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Buying and selling a house is stressful.

I have to put my house on the market, and find a bigger one to buy with in a budget. And hopefully not be homeless in that time.

kenny1773

Agreed 10000000% buying and selling a house, especially with wife/kids/dog all living in it while trying to sell is a stressful mess

I got somewhat lucky when I sold my last house, I had a neighbor that was renting and really wanted to move into the neighborhood permanently. We worked out a deal without realtors, used a decent local settlement attorney, and all went well. She was able to rent month to month after her 1 year rental was up, so that made my move out easy, she just rented for one extra month while I closed on the house I am in now :)

I know my next move probably won't go anywhere near that smooth and easy

Moving all your stuff into storage and renting an apartment doesn't sound like a temp option either if you need more space :(

The easier but more expensive option is to plan to carry two houses for 90-120 days...
At least this is what I am shooting for when I move again in about 2 years.

RandallC

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
I’m not shooting for that I’m hoping some stuff goes smooth like your first move. I am waiting to find out the pre approval and then I will list this house.

kenny1773

I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Make sure you hire a great home inspector for the new house.

My home inspector missed a failing roof on the main house (needed the complete roof replaced), a leaky roof on the sun room, a failed gas water heater, a failed irrigation system (dumped 80,000 gallons of water into the yard before I noticed) and some other smaller things. Needless to say my first 6 months in the new house was way more expensive than I had ever imagined it would be :( I am over all those hurdles now (been in this house 2 years) and have been working more on improvements and less of repairs ;)

RandallC

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
The new house is a brand new build with a warranty. I doubt I’ll pay for an inspection. But we will see when we get that far.

Sponsors

StoneArmsInc

New Sales

Members online

No members online now.

Who Has Visited