Caliber swap on carry piece?

• Alabama Gun Forum is a free, privately owned and supported community of gun owners. Alabama Gun Forum is free to join and free to use the marketplace. We are always working to improve the community. Please be aware of all forum rules and all gun regulations related to selling and buying firearms. Alabama Gun Forum is not responsible for transactions on this forum.

Welcome To AlabamaGunForum!

Alabama Gun Forum is a place to buy, sell and talk firearms for free and privately. Not on facebook, locally owned!

Register Log in

Rink Rat

What are the rules/laws on switching calibers on your carry piece here in AL? I have a factory .40 sub compact pistol and just bought a complete 9mm slide and barrel set up for it. Is it legal for me to carry the 9mm set up?

RandallC

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
I do not think we have any laws regarding the change of caliber. The think I might look at are the slide and the mags used. All need to be 9mm And the slide needs to fix the new 9mm barrel.
Good luck man.
Also handgun laws.us will have more laws related to Alabama.

Rink Rat

Thanks for the link, after reading I think I am good to carry with the swap. Yes everything is 9mm mags, slide and barrel. I wouldn’t even consider carrying a conversion barrel in my .40 slide for reliability reasons.

Rumrunner

What are the rules/laws on switching calibers on your carry piece here in AL? I have a factory .40 sub compact pistol and just bought a complete 9mm slide and barrel set up for it. Is it legal for me to carry the 9mm set up?
It’s not about the slide. It’s the serial number stamped/machined into the frame. Switch and swap all you want to.

Donate to AlGunForum using Paypal
opovoo

New Sales

Members online

No members online now.