Carry a Knife

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Do you carry a knife everday, is that the only thing you carry besides weapon like pistol.

I usually carry a knife on me at all times, I also just started concealed carry.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Well, I mostly mountain bike in the woods up to this point or carry a stick if I am piddling around out back in these woods. But I think I knife is one of the best tools to have on you at all times.

nwaxtreme

Established Member
Jan 31, 2016
Hamilton, AL
Definitely! Funny how on a mountain bike you appear as running prey to aggressive animals. I used to keep a section of black pvc water line on the spine of my mountain bike. Now I ride dual sport and just hip a blade everywhere.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Kershaw Tanto Blur, almost always (along with a small flashlight and one of the so-called "tactical pens" - don't care for that label but I really like the device. Mine's a CRKT Williams Pen).

copperhead-1911

Established Member
Feb 29, 2016
New castle/livingston
Do you carry a knife everday, is that the only thing you carry besides weapon like pistol.

I usually carry a knife on me at all times, I also just started concealed carry.

Yes often a Kershaw compound spring assisted. I am really into knives. I sort of collect them and cant turn down a good deal when I see them at flea markets or close outs. The wife usually makes me thin the heard.

In addition to my firearm and back up I always have a flashlight and knife whenever able. Better have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

KC1911

Established Member
Jun 5, 2017
LA
I carry some kind of knife. On my keys lives a typical swiss army one or gerber dime or sog crosscut. Mostly have a leek or a benchmade griptillian along with a multitool (gerber crucial or SOG reactor for EDC) but on days when I know I will need something but not sure what something it is then i'll break out the leatherman or something heavy duty. I also like to have flashlights on hand as well. Lastly, I like having a writing utensil so the sog baton fit the bill since it doubles as an instrument and has the length for a screwdriver is need be. IMG_6421-2.jpg

Last edited:

Tator Man

Established Member
Jun 10, 2018
Greensboro Al.
My grandad taught me two things in life, one is a unloaded gun and a dull knife anit worth a crap. Hince my name Tatorman, I carry a loaded gun and a very sharp knife called a tator blade. That's how I got my name. Second thing was not to be afraid to use them.

Major6464

Established Member
Dec 30, 2020
Alabama
I always have a knife. I have several knives i rotate for edc. A great place to get a good collection is Battlbox. Great monthly subscription!

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Never have tried those boxes but I have ordered a few from bladehq. I have a Crkt I loved but lost it on the job site, won’t do that again.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
This simple Moore-brand folder and a belt sheath from Ranchlands Mercantile have become a favorite. I seem to need a knife daily for some task (right along with a small flashlight, another topic there), and this one rides nicely at the back of the belt.

Attachments

• 569BBB42-E271-479D-8842-4E7622C92DA9.jpeg
    569BBB42-E271-479D-8842-4E7622C92DA9.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 20D823A0-F35C-4226-894F-4B4E60FF2CA5.jpeg
    20D823A0-F35C-4226-894F-4B4E60FF2CA5.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 3

Almtnman

Established Member
Army
Dec 13, 2018
Northeast Alabama
This simple Moore-brand folder and a belt sheath from Ranchlands Mercantile have become a favorite. I seem to need a knife daily for some task (right along with a small flashlight, another topic there), and this one rides nicely at the back of the belt.
That’s a nice looking knife sheath. I’ll have to check their site out. If you want a small flashlight that will last check out Olight. I have the Olight copper body S2 baton and it’s one that lasts. Has four light levels and also a tactical flashing function that will temporarily blind an intruder.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
I picked up a Kershaw CQC-6K D2 because I was curious about how well the pocket open feature worked

I will say in a typical pair of jeans, the pocket open mechanism is awesome, one handed super fast opening and no springs.

I never expected it to be my favorite