City of Piedmont firearm discharge ordnance....?

Wee

Sep 5, 2021
Ga
I'm looking at 35 acres that appears to be within the city limits of Piedmont Al. My search online hasn't found any city ordnances at all but I'm sure they have some. This property is on the north outskirts of the city, my main use of the property will be recreational shooting. Anyone familiar with this area....? I may be headed that way to look the property over today so calling isn't an option till Tuesday.

Thank You
Brian

Wee

Sep 5, 2021
Ga
Searched that and still can't find anything. About the only links I can find to the city code are posted deep on the local radio stations site, not searchable on the actual stations website, just random links to parts of the code when searching the internet. Looks like they do prohibit livestock....Not that I'm looking to get a few cows at this point but I don't want to be told I can't in the future. It's a shame because it's a nice piece of ground.

Brian

• Sad
Reactions: Trs

Tumbleweed

Established Member
Aug 5, 2021
Alabama
If it’s the north side of town headed towards Centre or towards Cedartown GA I don’t think you are going to have any issues.

Wee

Sep 5, 2021
Ga
Long time no post....I ended up buying a tract in Cherokee county 2 miles north of this one. It's just across the county line. It has frontage on both Nances and Terrapin creeks. I assume there are no restrictions on firearms as long as you are doing it safely within the county....?

Brian