Competition 22

Sam O

Established Member
Feb 3, 2016
Eva, AL
Mark 4 has button to press at the back for easy take down. I’m sure there might be other differences but that’s the main one.

condoor

Premium Member
Jan 24, 2024
Alabaster
I had a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite setup with some Tandemkross bits that was nice. Why - price, and ease of cleaning for the mark IV vs mark III. That was all before some of the newer stuff the last couple years (Taurus)

Wesleykey

Director of Product Enhancement
Nov 7, 2023
Alabama
I had a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite setup with some Tandemkross bits that was nice. Why - price, and ease of cleaning for the mark IV vs mark III. That was all before some of the newer stuff the last couple years (Taurus)
Taurus? Which model are you thinking of?

Wesleykey

Director of Product Enhancement
Nov 7, 2023
Alabama
I dunno on that one. It has a Diamondback look to me, although with being a Taurus it can’t be that bad.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
Taurus TX 22 Competition - I have one, put a Tandemkross trigger in it (stock trigger is not the best)

and a
Game Changer PRO Squared Compensator for .22LR

It drives tacks
mine has been 100% reliable even with practice ammo like federal automatch, and a few flavors of Aguila 22

I shoot SK high velocity match when it counts, seems to have very similar POI as federal automatch

Prior to getting the TX22 I have and also still shoot a Ruger Mark II target edition (slop side bull barrel and the wood grips with the thumb rest)

I have not done much side by side with them. The ruger is steel sights, the TX22 is a red dot, I shoot them in different competitions.

Skrimps

Established Member
Apr 21, 2023
Huntsville, AL
A good friend of mine let me shoot his S&W Model 41. I shot it very well. It's a very well made, high quality 22. Expensive, but if I was shooting comp that is what I would get.