Does Anyone Else Here Reload?

• Alabama Gun Forum is a free, privatly owned and supported community of gun owners. We are free to join and free to use the marketplace. We are always working to improve the community. Please be aware of all forum rules and all gun regulations related to selling and buying firearms. Alabama Gun Forum is not responsible for trasnactions on this forum.

Welcome To AlabamaGunForum!

Alabama Gun Forum is a place to buy, sell and talk firearms for free and privately. Not on facebook, locally owned!

Register Log in

TennJeep1618

I've been reloading almost all of my own ammo for the past 5 or 6 years. I can't imagine having to pay retail price, for as much as I shoot.

Does anyone else here reload? Is anyone interested in it, but has questions?

MosinMan

Yup, started out by loading probably the most involved and difficult rounds I can think of. Forming the case and all. Here's one next to a .22LR. Heck, I could almost use the .22 as the primer. ;)

Attachments

RandallC

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
I am interested in reloading 9mm and 3030 what would be the best setup?

I am interested in reloading 9mm and 3030 what would be the best setup?
Honestly I have 2 progressive and 1 single stage press. For 9mm progressive is the only way I have found to make it truly cost effective with the price of 9mm the last few years. I use a hornady lnl ap press setup for 9mm, a lee progressive setup for 45 auto and a single stage for almost all rifle rounds. Keeps me efficient with my time.

Last edited:
I wish I understood what you just said
Haha. Well first of all I fixed the typos which should help. Secondly I would say start with a good single stage press. It's a great way to learn the steps and will always be useful for precision rounds later on if you upgrade to a progressive for handgun rounds

RandallC

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Hmm I guess I need to look at progressive then. I only have 9mms at the moment.

TennJeep1618

I recently upgraded my 1050 with a Mark 7 Autodrive. No more pulling the handle for me.

I processed about 10K pieces of 9mm last weekend.

TennJeep1618

I finally got around to filming the autodrive actually loading some ammo this weekend:

Tator Man

I won't one, how much to get started on the auto load, I have been reloading for 30 years. Every thing I shoot. 9,40,44,45 colt,270,30-30,300 wm.

Donate to AlGunForum
Stone
opovoo

New Sales

Members online

No members online now.

Who Has Visited