Dothan Gun Club

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Anyone here ever been there? I've wanted to try to find a range/gun club near me and this is the only one within what I'd consider a reasonable distance that I know about that doesn't require someone who's already a member to vouch for you to join.

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
I'm in a hunting club that I use just for shooting that is cheep (600 per yr, 10 members) because it's nothing but small pines on 1200 acres. It has a big powerline right through the middle with over 1000yd shots. Maybe you could find something like that near you if you shoot enough to justify the cost.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Eh not really shooting much these days with the way ammo prices are now; I have enough to hold me over should I need it but I don't want to shoot up what I can't easily replace. I'm mainly interested in finding some shooting buddies, going to a place with a bit nicer setup that where I'm shooting now, and maybe taking a class or two since I've never had any kind of formal training.

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
Tri State in Daleville, Lock & Load in Enterprise, Homefront in Daleville, Dixie in Mathews, Barbour WMA in Midway, Nothing new that I could find. They all have websites except the WMA. The WMA in Coosa county only required a map with your signature on the rules side as permit to use the range, hunting permit purchase required with Al hunting license to hunt. That was 20 years ago, things may have changed

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Thanks @Bamahound! Lock & Load is owned by the same people that own Family Firearms here in Troy I believe, I need to check them out sometime.