eForms Form 1 anyone?

madmyk

Established Member
Jan 11, 2021
Tuscaloosa, AL
Anyone submit your Form1 via eForms?
I have run into a snag, would like some input if anyone has gone down that path.

Rink Rat

Established Member
Jan 12, 2019
AL
What calibers and components did you guys use? I have a rimfire kit from XRT that I have to submit for. I am currently looking for components for a 9mm build for either a pistol or pcc, hopefully one can work for both.

Robf88

Established Member
Jun 2, 2021
Huntsville
How long did your eform 1 take? I just submitted one last week and then ran across this below:

The form 1 wait time for AL looks astronomically high and I'm just wondering if it's due to lack of data more so than it taking that long.

madmyk

Established Member
Jan 11, 2021
Tuscaloosa, AL
Well about that...
Still waiting.

Per the site eForms form 1 (trust) average for Alabama is 37 days.
Per ATF info, average is 60 days.
I am beyond 90.
Spoke to ATF agent - "all of my paperwork is good, just waiting on FBI background check..."
Have done some research and FBI Background Check Blackhole seems to be an ever increasing theme for MANY.
I know my bg is good, have passed a few in the 90 days I have been waiting.

There seems to only be two courses of action. Wait. Contact your congress person(s) and have them do an inquiry into the delay.
I am not quite fed up enough to poke the nest yet.

madmyk

Established Member
Jan 11, 2021
Tuscaloosa, AL
How long did your eform 1 take? I just submitted one last week and then ran across this below:

The form 1 wait time for AL looks astronomically high and I'm just wondering if it's due to lack of data more so than it taking that long.
The wait times are very high for paper forms regardless of state...

Robf88

Established Member
Jun 2, 2021
Huntsville
The wait times are very high for paper forms regardless of state...
Yeah realized that but I thought the states to the right were both. Probably is just paper ones though.

Man that really sucks about the wait. I've heard of the fbi blackhole as well. Very suspect you can pass others in the time being, but not theirs. I'm hoping mine isn't too bad. Seems like it's pretty random though.

madmyk

Established Member
Jan 11, 2021
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yeah realized that but I thought the states to the right were both. Probably is just paper ones though.

Man that really sucks about the wait. I've heard of the fbi blackhole as well. Very suspect you can pass others in the time being, but not theirs. I'm hoping mine isn't too bad. Seems like it's pretty random though.
Funny thing about it is, the "other" BG checks I have passed have been FBI/NCIC checks.
So I know I'm good - Just don't know why I am "on ignore" with the stuff handed to FBI by ATF.
That seems to be the current MO, just ignore them for months...

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
The NFA tax stamp system is intentionally convoluted and archaic because it's intent is to make owning things the government doesn't want you to have as onerous as possible since that's all they can legally do to stop you, for now. That said I bought a suppressor on a Form 4 back in 2019 when the wait time was estimated to be over a year and I got it back in about 5 months, so that was a pleasant surprise.