Esshhh Getting Old and Brittle Sucks

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
Went shooting yesterday. Took my two 9mm Shields. Had a literal grab bag of various ammo. One is Magnaported and the other is not. First thing I noted was that the unported 9m was definetley less pleasant to shoot than the ported one!
I used to NEVER notice the recoil and flip but DAMN iI sure do now. I have nerve damage to my right had and wrist. It wasn't painful but had an immediate and long lasting ache in my right hand and wrist I have never noticed before. The Hornady Lite 100 grain Critical Defense rounds seem the way to go. Less recoil, good penetration and expansion. I have found some handload recipes to make a pretty close practice load. that nearly duplicates the Lite 9mm load. Never though I'd say this, but i might be in the market for a larger .380 or lord forbid i might be looking for a heavier 9mm for CCW!

hydromech

Premium Member
Apr 15, 2022
Daleville
Same here sir, let my youngest have my ported G19 a couple years ago and sure do miss it. Never had any problems getting back on target with any Glock but now have lost the accuracy as well as sore wrist after an afternoon at the range.

Uncdav

Wait,Wait I'm almost ready.....
Nov 22, 2023
Outback of woodshed
Understood completely. Use to be the 44 Blackhawk and full house loads made me smile......now I find target load 9mm in a heavy CZ autoloader is more to my liking. Years do make a difference don't they.
Uncdav