Favorite range?

• Alabama Gun Forum is a free, privately owned and supported community of gun owners. Alabama Gun Forum is free to join and free to use the marketplace. We are always working to improve the community. Please be aware of all forum rules and all gun regulations related to selling and buying firearms. Alabama Gun Forum is not responsible for transactions on this forum.

Welcome To AlabamaGunForum!

Alabama Gun Forum is a place to buy, sell and talk firearms for free and privately. Not on facebook, locally owned!

Register Log in
  • Admin

RandallC

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Where is your favorite range? I mainly use my backyard.

• Admin

RandallC

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
I have been to two different indoor ranges. Hoover Tactical and Sheepdog. The noise level inside is higher of course and everything was high priced.

rtprthd

I'm going to try to resurrect this thread. In two weeks I'm going to be a Birmingham resident again. Where do you guys shoot? I've been to Hoover Tactical before. It's fine, but a typical indoor range and usually pretty crowded. When I was younger we used to go out to Cahaba Wildlife Management area. Is that range still open?

• Admin

RandallC

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Yes they are open still as well as one in talladega and even FOP range is pretty local to you in pleasant grove. Both outdoor and indoor has pluses and minuses.

kenny1773

yes, the Cahaba Wildlife Management area range is still open. I was there maybe month or so ago

https://www.outdooralabama.com/shooting-ranges/cahaba-river-wma-shooting-range

There is a range officer keeping an eye on the place, you have sign in and show your license.

A couple thoughts on this place

The rifle range faces right into the afternoon sun, you will be affected if there in the afternoon

The posted range hours for this time of year say
  • Wednesday – Sunday 8 AM to 4 PM
but the range officer will warn you his SOP to lock the gates by 4pm means you have to stop shooting at 3:30

I have mostly been shooting at FOP, the range is usually not very crowded, not too far of a drive, and there is some variety to shoot at if you join (steels range)

Jack Ryan

I use my own yard more than any but I have a couple trap, skeet, and sporting clays ranges I use sometimes.
Pickup clay target thrower.jpg

4CERTN

I’m at Hoover Tactical fairly regularly. I ultimately prefer shooting outdoors, but don’t currently have access to a suitable piece of land. I like the FOP Range facility, but HT is closer-in for me.

RandallC

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Sheepdog in Trussville was the last one I went to, Been to Hoover Tactical but in a ways they always seem to cater to the rich. I prefer outdoors also.

Donate to AlGunForum using Paypal
opovoo

New Sales

Members online

Who Has Visited