Favorite Rifles Or Shotguns

medic15al

Established Member
Feb 12, 2017
Pell City, Alabama
What are some of y'alls favorite rifle and shotguns?

My favorite rifle is my Steyr SSG 69 PII in .308 with a NightForce ATACR 5-25x scope

My favorite shotgun I don't have but want is a Browning Sweet-16. I love 16 ga shotguns and have a Stevens 311 16 ga double and a Revelation marked Stevens 16 ga single barrel.

Also lusting for a Winchester Model 70 Supergrade in 7mm/08

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I have always been attracted to a Savage 3006. I had a long one but Ive seen one that was shorter barrel. I am on the hunt for affordable rifle.

Gene

Established Member
Feb 12, 2017
Blountsville
My favorite is the one in my hands, lol. 30-30, two 8mm Mausers (one is 100 years old and the other is 122. Both shoot great!), Mossberg Plinker .22. Biggest kick my butt every time I think about it is letting an original Steyer AUG go in the mid '80s. Paid 600$ for it and would be worth nearly 5K now........dag nab it.

DixieReb

Established Member
Jan 31, 2021
Andalusia AL
Hey medic15al, I’ve got an old Stevens 311 16 gauge double barrel myself, it belonged to my Grandaddy and my Granny gave it to me when he passed away in 1970. I have precious memories of him toting that old gun around and it riding in his gun rack in his 1958 Chevy Apache pickup truck, I’ve owned the gun for 50 years now. It’s my most cherished firearm of all. When something happens to me It will be given to my son of which is named after my granddaddy, heck I’ll probably give it to him before I kick the bucket.

Tator Man

Established Member
Jun 10, 2018
Greensboro Al.
Hey medic15al, I’ve got an old Stevens 311 16 gauge double barrel myself, it belonged to my Grandaddy and my Granny gave it to me when he passed away in 1970. I have precious memories of him toting that old gun around and it riding in his gun rack in his 1958 Chevy Apache pickup truck, I’ve owned the gun for 50 years now. It’s my most cherished firearm of all. When something happens to me It will be given to my son of which is named after my granddaddy, heck I’ll probably give it to him before I kick the bucket.
If you want your son the have it you should give it to him now and tell him what it means to you and the stories you have with the gun and how to take care of it. It will mean so much more to him before you go and leave the earth. Thats what I have done with our family guns about 10 of them and I have a couple left for my granson. You should of seen my sons eyes when I started giving him those guns that meant so much to me.

Bunny Humper Thumper

Established Member
Mar 26, 2020
Wilsonville, Alabama
I have a model 70 Fer Sail (snicker), it's a .22-250 Tack Driver with Springfield Armory Scope (hold on-let me get info) 4-14x56 Gen 2 Rangefinder, BDC. The Scope is a NOS, never even mounted, this package is Badass & except for a few bumps...is PERFECT! The Rifle was Set-Up by Clark Customs before there was a Clark Customs, after he returned home from Nam, for his Spotter (as the story goes), who was setting up Mobile, AL's first Sniper Team...the rest as they say...is History! (LOL) I've had Her over 20 years, and She was in the Safe 19 years of that time.
Also have a Remington Sportsman Model 74 Semi-Auto in .30-06 that I restored from a not so attractive Life (I do Firearm Restoration & this one now looks & fires like it's New!
Also have a New Old Stock, Traditions .50 cal. St Louis Hawken...none of this group have a scratch! Has an English Walnut Stock, Octagonal-Bull Barrel & is trimmed out in Brass. I bought her in 1999 for my Fireplace Mantel...well the Fireplace is Gone (Ex wife got in Settlement) & quickly pissed it away (her New Boyfriend burnt it down while they were free-basing Coke...stupid bitch! Anywho...Never Fired...will have Pics hopefully tomorrow....Thanks for listening to my Jaberwocky!...Message Me for Pricing, don't want to steal anyones thunder, who got here first...later Ladies & Germs...

Bunny

Mark_C

Established Member
Jun 7, 2023
Trussville
My favorite shotgun is a single shot .410 that my Grandpa owned and I used to hunt rabbit, quail, and doves with. My favorite rifle is probably a Marlin 30-30 because it is so convenient for deer hunting in thick vegetation. I also have a Savage .17HMR that is deadly for coyotes and a lever-action .22 Marlin that is just so smooth.

RedRidge

Jun 1, 2023
Enterprise
A 90s model 700 in .270 that’s been in the family since then. My first true deer rifle. Nicknamed the deer slayer, it has never missed. A close second is my pre-64 Model 94 30-30.