Firearm ranges near Helena

currifa

Established Member
Mar 21, 2021
Helena, AL
Hello all,

I am new to the Helena area and want to get involved with a great gun range. My wife and I moved from LA and there I was a Law Enforcement Firearms instructor for the state. I enjoy shooting and learning new tactics. If anyone knows of a good place around Helena I appreciate it.

Bamarider

Established Member
Feb 1, 2016
Mountolive
CMP in talladega is by far the best shooting park in Alabama. Multiple ranges to shoot at inside the park. And is the only public range that I know of that offer action shooting range. Each range has electronic targets so you can see data with each shot. It’s 12.50hr or 30/day and it’s a lot of fun. Also every range has a range officer that will guide you with anything you made need.

medic15al

Established Member
Feb 12, 2017
Pell City, Alabama
CMP in talladega is by far the best shooting park in Alabama. Multiple ranges to shoot at inside the park. And is the only public range that I know of that offer action shooting range. Each range has electronic targets so you can see data with each shot. It’s 12.50hr or 30/day and it’s a lot of fun. Also every range has a range officer that will guide you with anything you made need.
I live 10 miles from the CMP range, in the Pell City area. This is a great range to go to albeit it can get expensive.

Hoover Tactical has an indoor range with rental guns, last time I was there some full-auto were rented as well. Rifles are welcome and are in a separate side IIRC. May be closer to you.

We shoot at Moss Branch range, off of State HWY 202 behind Anniston Army Depot. On Facebook with some more info, it is an outdoor rifle range, 2 pistol bays with steel target racks, 10 and 25 yd Paper backers.

BTW, When you say LA, do you mean Louisiana or Los Angeles?

currifa

Established Member
Mar 21, 2021
Helena, AL
I live 10 miles from the CMP range, in the Pell City area. This is a great range to go to albeit it can get expensive.

Hoover Tactical has an indoor range with rental guns, last time I was there some full-auto were rented as well. Rifles are welcome and are in a separate side IIRC. May be closer to you.

We shoot at Moss Branch range, off of State HWY 202 behind Anniston Army Depot. On Facebook with some more info, it is an outdoor rifle range, 2 pistol bays with steel target racks, 10 and 25 yd Paper backers.

BTW, When you say LA, do you mean Louisiana or Los Angeles?
Louisiana

mhobtr

Established Member
Dec 15, 2016
Birmingham
Brock's Gap Training Center in Hoover. Outstanding range, but private. You have to get a member to take you in as a guest. Membership applications take a while.