Froglube paste

daveinalabama

Established Member
Air Force
May 17, 2021
Huntsville, AL
What do you all think about Froglube? I see that it's a very polarizing product with 50% that love it, and 50% that hate it. Seems like too many hoops to jump through to use it as a lube on rails and internals. I'm thinking about using the paste as a cleaner on external metal only.

9mm

Established Member
Jul 23, 2016
Mobile
My local shop in Mobile absolutely loves it and recommends it to all his customers. I think it’s great if your gun is on a boat.

evnash

Established Member
Sep 27, 2022
danville, AL
It choked my versamax shotgun during a cold weather match. if you leave too much and it gets cold it will gum up. i had to take a lighter and melt it off the action to get the gun to run. threw the bottle away.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
So far I have yet to find a firearm that doesn't like synthetic motor oil.

Mobil 1 has an odd smell I don't care for, so for the most part I lube with Castrol synthetic 5w-20 or 5w-30. The odd half quart I have left over from one of my cars is enough to lube guns for years.

Haters can argue all you want, been doing this for years and literally 1000's of rounds, never had a problem.

5lima30ret

Established Member
Feb 15, 2024
Foley, AL
I have been using a 50/50 mix of Marvel Mystery Oil and 10w-30w Mobil 1 synthetic for many years. I have a co-worker that I retired with that turned me on to it. He is an instructor at a school that trains government contractors that are going over to the sandbox and other third world countries. That is the only lube they use and most of their classes students fire at least 600 rounds a day! They tried everything including all expensive "snake oil" lubes but stick with the 50/50 mix. It makes clean-up after shooting very easy!

Wesleykey

Director of Product Enhancement
Nov 7, 2023
Alabama
What do you all think about Froglube? I see that it's a very polarizing product with 50% that love it, and 50% that hate it. Seems like too many hoops to jump through to use it as a lube on rails and internals. I'm thinking about using the paste as a cleaner on external metal only.
I love the stuff.