Greetings from Pleasant Grove.

Ed Jennings

Established Member
Jul 6, 2020
Pleasant Grove AL
Gentlemen (and maybe a few ladies as well), my name is Ed Jennings. I’m from Pleasant Grove, and have lived here for 20+ years. Originally from Tennessee. About 10 years ago, I needed a sight pusher to move the rear sight on a S&W 4006. The cheapest ting I could find was about $150, and I was too cheap to buy one to work on a $250 gun. So, I decided to make my own. I had a few scraps of steel and aluminum in the shop, left over from some automotive projects. Using these and a bench vise, I conjured up a tool I thought might work. After setting up the slide in a bench vise, I started applying pressure to the sight with a jackscrew. Suddenly something popped like a .22 had gone off. I was sure I had broken something. And I did. I broke that rusted sight loose. I showed off my little invention on the S&W forum, and got a lot of positive response. I was already forming an idea to make this tool freestanding. After a couple of false starts, I came up with a workable design that could go in the range bag and make adjustments at the range. After showing off my latest design, I started getting emails asking if I would make these available for sale. The rest, as they say, is history. Somehow the design migrated to the 1911 Forum and I could barely keep up with the demand.
Jennings Machine and Tool, or JMT, has been operational ever since. I started out with a drill press and a bench grinder. I soon added a milling machine, lathe, metal saw, welder, and other various metal working tools. Following a program of continuous improvement, there have been five variants of the tool produced, including the first design using the vise. The Mk ll has been discontinued for several years, after selling several thousand copies. The Mk lll, Mk lV, and Mk V remain in production. The Mk lll and the Mk V have been featured in AMERICAN HANDGUNNER. The editor, Roy Huntington, has had some very kind things to say about our products.
Visit us at www.sightpushertool.com

67C60B85-D1C4-4986-9153-17B9A9AA9838.jpeg 42610552-7CE2-42C6-87D1-A1DF2E8C7204.jpeg 2724D017-742C-44C8-BFB8-9DF768554FBF.jpeg