Gun Show

alan.thurber1993

Established Member
Jan 1, 2022
Marion, AL
Does anyone know of any good established gun shows this year?

I went to the one in cottondale at the vfw yesterday. My wife’s first time at one. I was excited to show her a whole lot and there just wasn’t a whole lot. Or room. We got to see/touch a few neat guns and what not, but there was so much not there. Not optics, range finders, speed loaders, multiple calibers of the different guns… it was mostly handguns and shotguns. I was blown away walking up to the good looking tables finding out they were just all shotguns. I almost hopped on an AK but figured I’d get one off of here sooner or later. I also almost bought the 22 conversions for the ARs but hadn’t done my research to know if $220 was a deal or not. I want to include that in my brothers and my AR builds.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Usually, the shows taking place in Hoover, AL have historically been good ones. There are a few listed on the Gun Show page:

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Let me also suggest these dates, also at the Hoover, AL Finley Center. These are held by the Alabama Gun Collectors Association (ALGCA), with a link to follow.

I’m a bit out of the latest gun show circuits; however, the ALGCA shows seemed to offer more than the CASC-sponsored shows, at least as they were once held in downtown Birmingham before moving to Hoover.

@RandallC would it be worth adding these dates to the Gun Show page?

1642426796626.jpeg

Reactions: 9mm

alan.thurber1993

Established Member
Jan 1, 2022
Marion, AL
Let me also suggest these dates, also at the Hoover, AL Finley Center. These are held by the Alabama Gun Collectors Association (ALGCA), with a link to follow.

I’m a bit out of the latest gun show circuits; however, the ALGCA shows seemed to offer more than the CASC-sponsored shows, at least as they were once held in downtown Birmingham before moving to Hoover.

@RandallC would it be worth adding these dates to the Gun Show page?

View attachment 4542
Thanks. Yeah I might try to go to one of these. I want to see nemisis arms and very nichey styles of weapons and arms like them.

Bama55

Established Member
Oct 10, 2021
Woodstock, AL
Well, I'm glad I stayed at home and didn't go to Cottondale. They used to have one at Northport that was small but pretty good.
I second the AGCA shows. I have not been to a CASC show in many years, but in the past, the AGCA shows were two times bigger than them.
The AGCA show will have fantastic displays from knives, Colt SAA's, Winchester lever-action rifles to WW I, II, Korea, and VietNam weapons, accouterments, and more.
The display themes are Spring Show-Open Theme, Summer Show Theme: Cowboy/ Old West, and the Fall Show Theme: Military – World War 1 through Viet Nam.
I have set up when they were having them at the BJCC a good many times. Haven't set up at Hoover yet. I have been to several shows since the move to Hoover and I like that venue a lot better. It would be nice if they had a food vendor though like at the BJCC. But, there are plenty of fast food places not far away.
If you haven't guessed, I'm a Life Member. Not involved with the governing of the Assn, I just like the shows.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
The only shows I have any real experience with are the ones CASC puts on in Montgomery and Dothan, but I've been to the show in Hoover once and a small one in Ozark the few times they've had it.
The general rule with gun shows these days is that EVERYTHING is overpriced but you do occasionally find things you wouldn't really find anywhere else and once in a blue moon you'll find a good deal on something. The golden age of gun shows was the '90-early '00s; there was more variety and good deals were actually fairly common. I mostly go these days just to look but if you go expecting to find good deals you'll be disappointed.

Bama55

Established Member
Oct 10, 2021
Woodstock, AL
The only shows I have any real experience with are the ones CASC puts on in Montgomery and Dothan, but I've been to the show in Hoover once and a small one in Ozark the few times they've had it.
The general rule with gun shows these days is that EVERYTHING is overpriced but you do occasionally find things you wouldn't really find anywhere else and once in a blue moon you'll find a good deal on something. The golden age of gun shows was the '90-early '00s; there was more variety and good deals were actually fairly common. I mostly go these days just to look but if you go expecting to find good deals you'll be disappointed.
Unfortunately, that is so true.

redredred

Established Member
Dec 13, 2020
Birmingham

I went to the one in cottondale at the vfw yesterday. My wife’s first time at one. I was excited to show her a whole lot and there just wasn’t a whole lot. Or room. We got to see/touch a few neat guns and what not, but there was so much not there. Not optics, range finders, speed loaders, multiple calibers of the different guns… it was mostly handguns and shotguns. I was blown away walking up to the good looking tables finding out they were just all shotguns. I almost hopped on an AK but figured I’d get one off of here sooner or later. I also almost bought the 22 conversions for the ARs but hadn’t done my research to know if $220 was a deal or not. I want to include that in my brothers and my AR builds.
Saw a sign today that one will be in Anniston this Saturday.

Qwill1234

Established Member
Jan 3, 2022
Hoover
If you're looking to purchase online is your best bet

Anniston and one in Huntsville

dentedprimer

Established Member
Mar 8, 2021
Crossville, AL
There is a gun show going on almost every weekend somewhere in Alabama. I am a vendor that sells at every show that happens in Alabama. Gun show around here are lacking however, there are different things at every show. If you google Alabama Gun Shows you will find a listing of all the gun shows around here. I would always suggest going to supporting the local business owner and you never know you could alway find that diamond in the ruff. However, if you can't find it there hit me up and I may be able to get it for you. If you need a local dealer and your in the Northern Alabama area hit up dented primer.

Last edited:

countyman

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Pinson
There is a food vendor at the Finley Center in Hoover for the AGCA shows. It's all the way at the end of the hallway on the right side of the center. At least there was. I haven't used it in a while. I always pack my lunch in a chest and set it on the floor behind our tables.