Gun show

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
LMK how it was i stopped keeping up when they are just because they've been not all that great for a while. would like to start going back but with the prices and not many venders its not really worth it to me.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I was planning on skipping it for similar reasons. Although the one I went to last Spring in Hoover was ok. The only other one I’ve been to that was worth the trip was in Huntsville at Von Braun.

dc2010

Established Member
Apr 21, 2022
woodstock
LMK how it was i stopped keeping up when they are just because they've been not all that great for a while. would like to start going back but with the prices and not many venders its not really worth it to me.
@JT300 It was terrible. there was a few good deals and some people had some wiggle room. Sundays are always better for the best deals because they dont want to have to pack up and carry it all back home. but the Ammo prices were ridiculous. I was able to find some federal 22's cheaper than you could buy them at walmart. they didnt have alot of guns, most the people left early, or didnt even show back up today. the last 2 i went to at Hoover were better. i came home with a box of 22's and a half empty box of 45 LC LOL.

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
@JT300 It was terrible. there was a few good deals and some people had some wiggle room. Sundays are always better for the best deals because they dont want to have to pack up and carry it all back home. but the Ammo prices were ridiculous. I was able to find some federal 22's cheaper than you could buy them at walmart. they didnt have alot of guns, most the people left early, or didnt even show back up today. the last 2 i went to at Hoover were better. i came home with a box of 22's and a half empty box of 45 LC LOL.
That's unfortunate i hope you got to see some cool stuff, that is kinda how it was for me for a while but i could've just been getting unlucky hopefully they will get better.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
I missed the news on this one until too late to plan to go. It’s been a little while since I’ve been to a Hoover show but they at least used to be good ones, better than the more recent ones I attended in BHM.

Not that any of them hold a candle to the old days of the BHM shows at the BJCC - good times.

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
I missed the news on this one until too late to plan to go. It’s been a little while since I’ve been to a Hoover show but they at least used to be good ones, better than the more recent ones I attended in BHM.

Not that any of them hold a candle to the old days of the BHM shows at the BJCC - good times.
i'm afraid good times may be gone, I talked to a couple friends today that go to all of them but they are now reluctant too it seems

theothermikeg

Established Member
Jan 19, 2022
Birmingham
Gunbroker, Grabagun, Buds, Sportsman's Outdoor, Interstate Guns, Omaha, and a dozen more, plus the classifieds on ALGF, THR, TFL, ARFCOM, GT, S&W Forum, etc... I'm sure y'all get the idea.

Those old shows at BJCC were awesome because I always felt like there was a good value or something unique waiting for me on the next aisle. Everyone was there. But those guys who used to buy tables finally realized that their customers were staying home and buying from the comfort of their recliner. Frankly, I'm surprised the shows still exist.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Those shows in BJCC were very good back 20-30 years ago. I know the online sites took a lot of business but there is still something about actually handling what you are buying vs photos and waiting for a shipment.

Maybe my old age is showing