Gun Shows?

tbk5

Established Member
Jun 21, 2018
Springville, AL
Anyone know of any gun shows (in the Birmingham area) this year that are worth attending?

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
There are shows in Hoover and at the BJCC periodically throughout the year. I've only ever been to the Hoover one once and for me a 2 hour drive wasn't worth it as it was only slightly bigger than the ones in Montgomery and Dothan and was mostly just the same vendors. Honestly gun shows aren't really worth it anymore as everything (especially ammo) is ridiculously expensive. I have had some luck with deals on what I'd call "gun adjacent" items at shows this year though; I got a case of MREs still within their first inspect date for cheaper than online prices and a huge Pelican gear case for 90 bucks.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
There are shows in Hoover and at the BJCC periodically throughout the year. I've only ever been to the Hoover one once and for me a 2 hour drive wasn't worth it as it was only slightly bigger than the ones in Montgomery and Dothan and was mostly just the same vendors. Honestly gun shows aren't really worth it anymore as everything (especially ammo) is ridiculously expensive. I have had some luck with deals on what I'd call "gun adjacent" items at shows this year though; I got a case of MREs still within their first inspect date for cheaper than online prices and a huge Pelican gear case for 90 bucks that goes for about 150-200 online used and like 6-700 new.

tbk5

Established Member
Jun 21, 2018
Springville, AL
I hear you. Up north, gun shows have fizzled out. Not many guns and lots of chinese gadgets. Most people joked about going just for the beef jerky vendor. Also lots of jokes about requirement to not shower for the week before the show! :rolleyes:Unfortunately dealers scooped up any unique or bargain items during their setup time. I was hoping that they would be better in the south. I enjoyed them and always managed find some needed M1 or AR parts.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Oh there will be guns, sometimes some really cool/uncommon stuff if you look, but don't expect anything to be at a reasonable price now unless you luck out on a private sale. I still enjoy going to them with my dad but I rarely ever buy anything these days