Handgun Hunting

BidNow45LC

Established Member
Jun 17, 2021
Decatur
Hey, everyone. I am new to the forum but would really enjoy seeing it get some life breathed back into it.

Handgun hunting is something I truly enjoy and find rewarding and challenging all at the same time.
RU0818.jpg

Lesau

Established Member
Oct 11, 2018
Birmingham
I once had a ruger super Blackhawk bisley hunter with a 7.5 inch barrel, stainless, in .44 mag. The bisley grip did not suit me, (I love the way they look, just not how they fit my hand) and the mag loads were painful to shoot. .44 specials were sweet, but I am not a fan of the bisley grip. Sold it to a hog hunter. No idea if he liked it or not.

I have never hunted with a pistol myself, but it sounds fun/challenging.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I am trying to figure out if he is a real user or a spam user. seems like spamish but hasnt dont anything yet.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
The reply was mine, not his. He never replied to you about the gun or caliber. I noticed his gun has bisley grip and was simply throwing my 2 cents in.
For the record I wasn’t referring to you but the thread started is a odd name.

kimq15

Established Member
Jun 8, 2021
Birmingham
I would just prefer a rifle, however I guess I wouldn't knock handgun hunting since I haven't tried it. .44 mag the best round for that?

BidNow45LC

Established Member
Jun 17, 2021
Decatur
I once had a ruger super Blackhawk bisley hunter with a 7.5 inch barrel, stainless, in .44 mag. The bisley grip did not suit me, (I love the way they look, just not how they fit my hand) and the mag loads were painful to shoot. .44 specials were sweet, but I am not a fan of the bisley grip. Sold it to a hog hunter. No idea if he liked it or not.

I have never hunted with a pistol myself, but it sounds fun/challenging.
In .45 colt it is such a pleasant shooter, even with the HSM Bear loads compared to the .44 mag.