Hello I would like some opinions on prism optics i was looking at a primary arms x3 explain like im 5

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
Hello I would like some opinions on prism optics i was looking at a primary arms x3 explain like im 5

my eyes are bad so it was recommended to me not sure how much it helps

it will go on a 10in 300blk

any other brand or suggested would be appreciated the firearm will be used for home defence and hunting in the brush if that helps thank you

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Do you have astigmatism by chance? I know prism optics are popular as a "workaround" optic for that since red dots don't play well with astigmatism. Never used one myself but I've heard the Primary Arms ones are solid for the price. They're made to be similar to an ACOG which is a optic a lot of people swear by.

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
yes sir i do i also had my dominate eye damaged years ago, I had never heard of primary arm until it was recommended also a spitfire i believe. I was looking at going 150 yards max. Thank you.

Sam O

Established Member
Feb 3, 2016
Eva, AL
I’ve got a primary arms 3x prism. I’ve had it for several years and like it pretty well. It’s been on my mine home defense gun and I’ve used it to take a few coyotes. I think they might’ve just come out with a newer version that’s more compact. After walking through the house with mine, I feel like the 3x is a bit much for inside the house and ended up getting their 1x. If you want the one gun to do it all, I’d either get a 1-4x, 1-6x scope or a 1x prism with a flip to the side magnifier.
I think I’ve got 5 of their optics and zero complaints.
3x 45A00B28-D94A-4A8F-8D76-151ABB099783.jpeg
1x D689A84A-5CF5-411B-919F-9BD023203079.jpeg

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
I’ve got a primary arms 3x prism. I’ve had it for several years and like it pretty well. It’s been on my mine home defense gun and I’ve used it to take a few coyotes. I think they might’ve just come out with a newer version that’s more compact. After walking through the house with mine, I feel like the 3x is a bit much for inside the house and ended up getting their 1x. If you want the one gun to do it all, I’d either get a 1-4x, 1-6x scope or a 1x prism with a flip to the side magnifier.
I think I’ve got 5 of their optics and zero complaints.
3x View attachment 6292
1x View attachment 6293
Thank you very nice firearms home defense and the game you mentioned it exactly what i need so i believe i will look into the primary arms not sure if 1x or 3x i should go with, 150 yards i mentioned was maximum, 50-75 yards would be the most common even for the pests. I may switch uppers for 150-200 yards (no more need for 200yrd on my property) for deer. Thank you so much, what is the light you use on the first firearm?

Sam O

Established Member
Feb 3, 2016
Eva, AL
It’s another cheap. Amazon find I think it’s made by UTG. It works well enough, I’m not sure I’d trust it for a home defense light.

Sam O

Established Member
Feb 3, 2016
Eva, AL
I found the Amazon links.
They have this for $49, 2 years ago I paid $32, so you can probably find it cheaper somewhere else.
UTG M-LOK (R) Offset Flashlight Ring Mount, Matte Black (2 Pack) https://a.co/d/2HUv5d7 No

ULTRAFIRE Green Hunting Flashlight, XP-E2 LED 650 Lumens, Single Mode, 520-535 nm Wavelength 256 Yards,Tactical Night Hunting Light for Hog Pig Coyote Varmint Predator Rifle (Battery not Included) https://a.co/d/57y0LEm

JT300

Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
I found the Amazon links.
They have this for $49, 2 years ago I paid $32, so you can probably find it cheaper somewhere else.
UTG M-LOK (R) Offset Flashlight Ring Mount, Matte Black (2 Pack) https://a.co/d/2HUv5d7 No

ULTRAFIRE Green Hunting Flashlight, XP-E2 LED 650 Lumens, Single Mode, 520-535 nm Wavelength 256 Yards,Tactical Night Hunting Light for Hog Pig Coyote Varmint Predator Rifle (Battery not Included) https://a.co/d/57y0LEm
That helps a lot i appreciate it