Hey there..

Billw

Established Member
Aug 24, 2018
Auburn
My name is Bill Witten (Billw on here) and within 90 days I will be living in Auburn. I grew up on my family's ranch in the tip of the Oklahoma Panhandle, went to the Army and then traipsed all over the country for work, currently in Parker, Colorado. I guess I was born into the gun community, my dad having been a firearms instructor, gunsmith (as was my grandfather) prolific hunter and a one-time member of the Army Marksmanship Unit. My ties to Auburn began while I was stationed at Ft. Benning (former 11B) during which I met my wife at a party in Auburn where she was going to college. We have four kids, the eldest two of which are enrolled at Auburn and the youngest two are 8 y/os.

I am an armorer that does some gunsmithing on occasion and a firearms and tactical instructor. Until a couple of weeks ago I was the Director of Education and Master Instructor at DCF Guns in Castle Rock, Colorado (2000 member club with a range and attached gun store), as well as being a long time instructor with Ben Lomond Gun Club (www.blgc.org). My son is a Senior Instructor and runs myartofdefense.com and my eldest daughter is currently an assistant instructor. My 8 y/o twin daughters are developing proficiency with both pistol and long gun and love their Ruger SR22 and S&W M&P 22.

I pay the bills as a Computer Security Consultant and work out of my home office.

My wife and I have always wanted to live in Alabama but business and family have kept us away until now. I figure she's followed me around for 25 years and it's her turn to choose where we go now that we can choose.

We shoot about everything from .22s to .338 Lapua and .410s to 12 Ga. Right now my favorites are my HK VP9, Sig Legion 226 SAO, POF-P415 Edge and my FN SC-1 over/under.

Hope to run into y'all at the range. Be well.