How many ar 15 or 10s have you built?

Joel6180

Staff member
Advisor
Jan 27, 2018
Atmore, AL
I'm a small FFL dealer, and every 4 years I buy a lot of AR15 supplies, including stripped lowers and lower parts kits. When they sit around my shop, I just can't help myself, and I start putting them together. It gives an old fart with nothing better to do, something fun to do! They all end up sold, its not like I have all those guns in my possession anymore. I did order 3 more stripped lowers the other day, because I had 4 parts kits left over, so I'll be building more when the lowers arrive.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
ARs are truly the legos of guns, they are fun to build.

1614128420074.png

I have put together a few over the years, have all the tools and learned a few tricks here and there.

For example until you get good with the springs, install the lower parts kit while the lower is inside a large zip lock bag,, when the springs try to get away from you they won't get far.

cutt

Established Member
Jul 11, 2020
st.clair county
I'm a small FFL dealer, and every 4 years I buy a lot of AR15 supplies, including stripped lowers and lower parts kits. When they sit around my shop, I just can't help myself, and I start putting them together. It gives an old fart with nothing better to do, something fun to do! They all end up sold, its not like I have all those guns in my possession anymore. I did order 3 more stripped lowers the other day, because I had 4 parts kits left over, so I'll be building more when the lowers arrive.
Joel, I need a 16' 6.5 grendel barrel. Can you help me?

Joel6180

Staff member
Advisor
Jan 27, 2018
Atmore, AL
The only place I ever look for stuff like that, is Bear Creek Arsenal, and those are more-or-less entry level uppers. I have only ever bought better barrels from Ballistic Advantage - Aero precision. I mostly just mess around with cheap stuff, for folks that "need" an AR15, but probably won't shoot it much. If I see one, I'll send you a link.

edit: here is what Bear Creek has in stock:

cutt

Established Member
Jul 11, 2020
st.clair county
Thanks Joel, for the info. About 5 years ago I built a 556 for my daughter from Bear Creek . Shoots nice for the money. I may have to go to Alexander Arms, they are the king of all things grendel.

Joel6180

Staff member
Advisor
Jan 27, 2018
Atmore, AL
The mail lady just dropped off 3 more stripped lowers. I "needed" them, because I had 3 lower parts kits left over. I guess when I build them next week, I'll "need" to buy 3 more uppers. If I sell them, I will probably have to start over.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham

gundoc

Established Member
Dec 14, 2016
I have built around 80 or so at this point. All price ranges. Always keep spare parts on hand. Love tinkering.

Glassman256

Established Member
Jul 27, 2020
Sylacauga Alabama
The only place I ever look for stuff like that, is Bear Creek Arsenal, and those are more-or-less entry level uppers. I have only ever bought better barrels from Ballistic Advantage - Aero precision. I mostly just mess around with cheap stuff, for folks that "need" an AR15, but probably won't shoot it much. If I see one, I'll send you a link.

edit: here is what Bear Creek has in stock:

Check out opticsplanet.com the have alot of ar parts and barrels