Interesting post on Huntsville Armslist

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Be careful with things like this. That stock on an SPP is trouble without a tax stamp. I asked if it was just a pistol brace and the individual reacted negatively, which was telling.

Not sure if this is a scam or not.

Last edited:

kmann

Established Member
Feb 6, 2022
Gardendale
I’ve been a frequent Armslist user for about five years now and I browse several times a day- I’ve seen a large uptick in obvious bait posts this year. Before now it was an occasional thing but now I’d say at least once a week a dude is trying to privately sell a suppressor or an SBR. I used to screen shot all of them- if I ever come across my old pictures of obvious bait posts maybe I’ll start a thread about it.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
It wouldn’t surprise me to find out that there were some traps being set for people on armslist with things like this. With all of the ongoing crime that isn’t solved one would think there would be more focus there than on setting traps but it’s not a logical world we live in today.

It would be good to share traps/scams with other members. Plus I think there was a case recently in Birmingham where a man was shot while going to sell a gun he had. One certainly has to be well aware of their surroundings.