Kimber in Troy AL

Joz163

Established Member
Army
Nov 2, 2021
Montgomery
Recently saw the help wanted ads for the new Kimber plant in Troy. Salary range starting around 15 - 20 an hour seemed a little low for the product line (fast food in Montgomery is starting around 14). Makes me wonder about their quality going forward. Any thoughts?

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
15-20 is about as good as you're going to get around here as starting pay for anything non-technical; I know their quality has dropped significantly since they '90s and I honestly don't expect that to change too much but could end up being pleasantly surprised.

Joz163

Established Member
Army
Nov 2, 2021
Montgomery
15-20 is about as good as you're going to get around here as starting pay for anything non-technical; I know their quality has dropped significantly since they '90s and I honestly don't expect that to change too much but could end up being pleasantly surprised.
Agreed. They have to juggle a lot of balls but if they want to get quality folks I feel like they need to start at 20+ and then be selective on who they hire. I hate to see a great brand make a bush-league mistake like this.