Magazine Question

Matt nelson

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
So I was wandering if this is normal, I've had some guns do it and others don't, but when I fully load my mag, if you shake it sometimes it will rattle, is that an issue or normal? It fires perfect, just has a rattle in the mag if you shake it, just something I've been wanting to know

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
I've been perplexed by this as well. Hasn't mattered the brand / model / etc. - Glock, SIG, Wilson Combat for 1911s - I've had the random rattle with them all.

But, NO failures related to them.

Just seems to be "one of those things..."

Matt nelson

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
I believe it is one of those things lol, talked to a fellow tonight and he said the same, didn't matter what brand when he loaded his mags some of them had a rattle, but just like you said, it's been flawless, no failures what so ever, mabey their just made to do that

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
I did get in the habit of numbering my mags a while back; read that somewhere and thought it sounded like a good idea.

I take a paint pen usually and number them on the base plates. Helps me remember to rotate my carry mags periodically and to "track" if a certain mag starts giving any trouble at the range, etc.