Maybe this topic has already been discussed. I am new, here, so am not aware of it..

Herman48

Established Member
Aug 13, 2024
Elba
But why do so few people write here? I looked at the list of the members connected, and at 10:20 there was only one other member connecred, besides me. But there were dozens of bots and guests. Where is everybody? On the beach? Preparing their dove fields? At the range playing with a new toy? Heck, this morning I connected to the forun and felt lonesome!

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas
eh, i need to see how the setting was done on that member online deal before me, I think it refreshed too quickly.

Herman48

Established Member
Aug 13, 2024
Elba
I know what you mean, Herman48. This isn't a very active forum. I'd post something if I had anything interesting to say :)
I realize that most members want this to remain an Alabama forum, but a forum without lively discussions and a lot of contributions by members who want to share their knowledge and experiences with others does not remain active too long. When one posts a message and no answers follow, one stops connecting to the forum. I am old but talking to myself is not one of my activities yet. Perhaps we should revisit the possibility of expanding to another couple of states. I saw that most members do not like the idea, but nowadays fora have to compete with Facebook, Whatsapp, Tik Tok, and all that k-rap. If we do not expand and pull in a lot of people willing to read and respond to what they read, we are going to die of boredom and move out. In a day and a half, since I joined, I have published about a dozen posts, but have received--what?--three replies? Four? I don't know if perhaps this is a particularly dead period of the year, as far as the number of members participating and posts written. If so, I hope it'll come back to life soon.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
It isn’t very active vs many. I’m not sure what the answer is to that but it might partly be in that people seem to not know about it. I have brought up the site to several people I know and no one had heard of the site.

Herman48

Established Member
Aug 13, 2024
Elba
Each one of us has many friends interested in the subjects that make up this forum. And each one of us should email all those friends making them aware of the existence of this forum and supplying the link to it. I am going to start right now. Anyone minds my "advertising" this forum to some of my friends who live in Alaska and Texas? I am afraid that limiting ourselves to a local audience would be a handicap, not a virtue.

aftac19

Established Member
Sep 23, 2022
Huntsville
Well there are people just some of us are working a lot then when work is done it’s kids. I have Three and it’s insane

tbk5

Established Member
Jun 21, 2018
Springville, AL
I have an opinion about this. My impression is that most folks join here just to buy and sell firearms. They are not into chit chat. There are a dozen or so people that try to get discussions going. The same people contribute. I think many people have tight family and social circles. I guess people only have so much time. I like the idea of get togethers but this state is so big. I came from MA where it was a one hour drive to five different states.

Glassman256

Established Member
Jul 27, 2020
Sylacauga Alabama
But why do so few people write here? I looked at the list of the members connected, and at 10:20 there was only one other member connecred, besides me. But there were dozens of bots and guests. Where is everybody? On the beach? Preparing their dove fields? At the range playing with a new toy? Heck, this morning I connected to the forun and felt lonesome!
Speaking of Dove fields any body got a hunt coming up,..I sure could use the hunt to exercise my shot gun...any local action

Herman48

Established Member
Aug 13, 2024
Elba
I tried to start a couple of fights to get some activity going but failed.
It's bad enough when you start a fight and lose it, but when it is the fight that loses and fades away it's even worse...
I have an opinion about this. My impression is that most folks join here just to buy and sell firearms. They are not into chit chat. There are a dozen or so people that try to get discussions going. The same people contribute. I think many people have tight family and social circles. I guess people only have so much time. I like the idea of get togethers but this state is so big. I came from MA where it was a one hour drive to five different states.
I got the same impression. However, it would enrich the forum if it was not just chit chat, but an exchange of information about guns, reloading, balistics, hunting, gun legislation, and much more. For chit chat there are lots of socials out there. I am not very interested in buying and selling guns--only occasionally, eitherr. And if this forum were to be just a gun-oriented Craigslist it would bore me to death and I'd go somewhere else. I love to learn from other gunners' experiences whenever I have a chance, and to share what little knowledge I have.

tbk5

Established Member
Jun 21, 2018
Springville, AL
got the same impression. However, it would enrich the forum if it was not just chit chat, but an exchange of information about guns, reloading, balistics, hunting, gun legislation, and much more. For chit chat there are lots of socials out there. I am not very interested in buying and selling guns--only occasionally, eitherr. And if this forum were to be just a gun-oriented Craigslist it would bore me to death and I'd go somewhere else. I love to learn from other gunners' experiences whenever I have a chance, and to share what little knowledge I have.
Completely agree. Chit chat was the wrong term to use. I did not mean to imply facebook-like banter.

A S Parker

Established Member
Nov 8, 2020
North Alabama
Herman48,
What is your favorite type of firearm? I will talk to you.

New Sales

Members online