New Toy - G19 w RMR

smince

Established Member
Sep 7, 2020
Henagar
I was an early adopter of red dot sights on handguns. I have had one sort or another on Glock 19's and 26's since 2011. They really are helpful.

One correction: though people use it as a generic term for any pistol optic, "RMR" is a specific brand name from Trijicon. You have a Holosun red dot sight. Not all red dots are created equally. I have had a few true RMR's, J-Point, Leupold and Vortex. I'm currently running Holosun 407k's on my pistols

I am currently carrying either a comped G26 or a 19 with a grip cut to 26 length (26L)

20220423_082321.jpg

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Fair enough. I couldn’t resist the 407 that I got for $179 recently. I’m a huge Trijicon fan so will end up with one of the recently announced models they came out with if the impact is what I expect it to be with this one.

forrestcannon

Established Member
Aug 12, 2023
Ohatchee
I was an early adopter of red dot sights on handguns. I have had one sort or another on Glock 19's and 26's since 2011. They really are helpful.

One correction: though people use it as a generic term for any pistol optic, "RMR" is a specific brand name from Trijicon. You have a Holosun red dot sight. Not all red dots are created equally. I have had a few true RMR's, J-Point, Leupold and Vortex. I'm currently running Holosun 407k's on my pistols

I am currently carrying either a comped G26 or a 19 with a grip cut to 26 length (26L)

View attachment 10661
Those are very sharp, where did you go to get your grip cut like that or did buy pre cut lower?

rkflorey

Established Member
Jul 28, 2023
AL
Had my G43x with the 407 for 2 years now and would not want to go back.
Also have a Franken g19 with a Burris fast fire II and a g20 with a FF III.
Old eyes and red dots go together

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
I have shot steel sights for most of my life, switching to red dots maybe 5-6 years ago. I still think I am faster off the draw with steel and naturally pointing to site (2 eyes open, combat sighting, whatever you want to call it, minute of man accuracy)

I am coming along with the red dots, absolutely faster moving target to target after that initial come up

I have some normal sized holosuns 407/507
and recently got a 507 comp

red dot size comp.jpg

Not for use on a carry gun, but wow, first shot speed and target to target speed definitely improved.

P80-507comp2.jpg