Other hobbies

Fritz53

Veteran
Aug 15, 2021
Atmore
I love blacksmithing I take old tools and repurpose them into whatever.

Attachments

• 589A1309-7D35-47EF-9C23-332BFAA36937.jpeg
    589A1309-7D35-47EF-9C23-332BFAA36937.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
  • A589887A-C6D7-477E-AE52-D3B8DFDAD589.jpeg
    A589887A-C6D7-477E-AE52-D3B8DFDAD589.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 9

A S Parker

Established Member
Nov 8, 2020
North Alabama
Collect vintage shaving stuff... twist to open double edge razors, old spice mugs etc. Some ww2 military stuff. Coins. also building a pretty good size religious library - old Bibles , commentaries, hymnals. I really like going to junk stores, antique malls and just finding small weird little knick knacks. Lol
Tider
I have modern double edge razors and love them. My brother collects older models.

HistoryTeacher

Established Member
Nov 29, 2021
Auburn
never got a chance for table top but I played the old Baulders gate and fallout games, not smart enough to 3d print
I love me some fallout. I am not fast thinking enough for Baulders gate. Even doing pause all the time. I just watch youtube to figure out how to 3d print stuff. Get the files for free online thru public domain or buy the files. Great for war game terrain and RPGs.

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
I love me some fallout. I am not fast thinking enough for Baulders gate. Even doing pause all the time. I just watch youtube to figure out how to 3d print stuff. Get the files for free online thru public domain or buy the files. Great for war game terrain and RPGs.
I wish I had the time to try the new Baulders gate, but I do wanna look into 3d printing at some point

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Pretty nerdy myself. I paint miniature soldiers. Play Dungeons and Dragons (or other table top RPGs). 3-D print. Board games. War Games.
Nice, I also enjoy those things. I did try building/painting Warhammer minis once but they're too expensive and I don't have the skill or patience for it and I had no one to play with anyway.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
I had much the same problem with Baldur's Gate. I've tried to play the first one about 5 times now and just can't get into it, with the big reason being that the real time messes up a lot of the spells because D&D was never meant to be played like that.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
I read a fair bit - fiction, non-fiction, history, just about anything.

I also like to write when I can - pondering relaunching a blog of sorts as an outlet for that.

While I’m not a hardcore serious hiker, I do like to get out for a walk in the woods from time to time.

I help with an amateur security team at church; have actually done that for a good while now.

I used to volunteer with a then-local-to-me CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) group (hence my user name here of “4CERTN.”) I changed locales but am still interested in the concept.

I’ve done a little local “acting” (I’m no real actor, hence the quotation marks haha) with a dinner theater group as well as a church drama team.

I smiled at the mention of RPGs by @HistoryTeacher and others - back in the day, I was a TSR nerd - got started with AD&D and wound up trying Boot Hill, Gamma World, and especially Top Secret along the way. Also ventured into the Traveller sci-fi RPG a bit. It’s been a good while…

theothermikeg

Established Member
Jan 19, 2022
Birmingham
I drink professionally but enjoy it as a hobby as well. Music...blues, country, soul, rock and roll, electronic, weird shit no one has ever heard of, and tattoos. Yeah, lots of tattoos.

Oz82

Established Member
Dec 26, 2021
Blount County
Homebrewing, beer mostly but some mead. I have a goal of making a good beer with only ingredients that I can forage locally. I'm still in the planning and research stage on that though.

Of course that stays a good deal separate from the stuff that goes bang.

4strokes

Established Member
Mar 16, 2022
Albertville, Alabama
My age has slowed down the hunting trips but I still enjoy it at a slow pace. Reloading, trading guns & knives, metal detecting, mostly for Civil War period relics. I still enjoy building high performance motorcycles & riding them of course mostly Big Twin's.
Love to fish, live a few minutes from Lake Guntersville so my bass boat is seen there a good bit, also enjoy fishing the Gulf Coast as often as possible, lived in the Pensacola/Gulf Breeze Fl. area for 30 years so salt is in the blood ;)

kmann

Established Member
Feb 6, 2022
Gardendale
Outside of guns my favorite hobby is probably reading. Me and my girlfriend are both major book nerds and we’re currently having a contest to see who can read the most books this year. She’s easily got me beat though- I’m on book 12 and she’s on like book forty.