Political Forum Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Dear Members,

The political forum as well as political talk has ended on the forum at the moment.

There have been to many fights, arguments, trolling, name calling, ect..... So for now we will call it a day and hang up the hat for a moment. Anything to do with politics will be moved the forum where it will sit.

Now Lets be what this forum is about, Firearms, ammo, buying, selling, range time, friends and showing off what we just bought!

On a side note: The FEEDBACK feature is so you can leave to trader rating when selling or buying from someone on the forum.

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
Dear Members,

The political forum as well as political talk has ended on the forum at the moment.

There have been to many fights, arguments, trolling, name calling, ect..... So for now we will call it a day and hang up the hat for a moment. Anything to do with politics will be moved the forum where it will sit.

Now Lets be what this forum is about, Firearms, ammo, buying, selling, range time, friends and showing off what we just bought!

On a side note: The FEEDBACK feature is so you can leave to trader rating when selling or buying from someone on the forum.
for the best

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
So how is Dfalt able to leave NEG Feedback when we've never done any transaction or even discussed a transaction-?

For that matter, I don't recall having any cross 'words'with Dfalt. But *I'm* the bad guy? I haven't even left negative feedback on the people I have had confrontations with

See now THAT is the kind of backstabbing B.S. that causes problems.

I am still going through the threads and trying to figure out things.

The feedback is why I posted this note.

I’m going to ask you and @sleepy4sureishere to take a step back from each other and knock it off. I closed the political forum and any threads that would go that way have been moved. I am looking through content now.

I have removed you feedback and it should update and go to 0 again.

please use the ignore feature, that is the reason it is there.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
I am still going through the threads and trying to figure out things.

The feedback is why I posted this note.

I’m going to ask you and @sleepy4sureishere to take a step back from each other and knock it off. I closed the political forum and any threads that would go that way have been moved. I am looking through content now.

I have removed you feedback and it should update and go to 0 again.

please use the ignore feature, that is the reason it is there.

Will do in the future, didn't realize that feature was specifically for buying/selling.

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
I disagree. I believe we were having some good discussions in there until one troll started instigating and then kept egging people on. Taking down the whole forum seems a bit like throwing the baby out with the bathwater to me.
its partially my fault is why I said its for the best right now I should not feed the troll they want attention. I do think I gave him fuel to continue but it should be temporary I do apologize I will probably not look at it for a while but I do see you're point we should not let a few people ruin a whole thread. I did not like disrespect to a vet so I got to invested ill take a chill pill and ignore sorry Dfalt.

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
As I said: I'm fine discussing, debating or even arguing civilly. I detest people like him who post screaming rants using cut-and-paste Posting Bombs that literally take up half or more of the page. Just because it's biblical scripture doesn't make it 'right'. Screaming is still screaming.
Yeah, did anyone actually read that shit? Maybe it's generational thing (digital age kids are wired to ignore terrible copy pasta), but I had a hard time even skimming. What I did manage to choke down with my poor eyes was judgemental af and gave off a cult vibe that does Christianity no justice.

Last edited:

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
After events that have lead up to this point. I may not open the forum or if I do put it on moderation.

I may enact that no religion talk.

I created a gun forum not a left wing/right wing. Liberal/conservative debate hall. People from both sides and all walks like guns and that is who I am here for the people that leave the drama at the door and just be a community of gun owners. I know politics goes hand in hand but I don’t care about the politics only the rights that are given by the constitution of the United States.

Joel6180

Staff member
Advisor
Jan 27, 2018
Atmore, AL
There have to be political forums, or debate forums, for people to argue. Why mess up a nice friendly firearms forum? I was looking at threads from the past, where nice folks posted a few times, but don't hang around. I am a member of a lot of gun forums, and this one was headed to being a group of 5 or 6 bullies who posted non stop.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I’ll be honest I had it for other to talk I don’t care for politics. All of them lie the same. I didn’t moderate the forum unless someone reported something. Well this caused a storm that I was tired of dealing with yesterday and two people are on temp ban from the forum. I don’t want to be that way but when I say stop I mean stop.

tbk5

Established Member
Jun 21, 2018
Springville, AL
I still support a political subtopic but I agree that a cool off is warranted. I guess I define politics differently. To me, it isn't about D vs R. It's about the guns laws they are messing with. It's how their policies impact we the people.

Funny-I was just thinking about whether or not the ignore feature was available here. Some threads have spiraled out of control.

Every other gun forum I follow does block religious discussion. Simple reality is that religion is personal so the "debates" never go well.

Ultimately, your forum, your rules!

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I still support a political subtopic but I agree that a cool off is warranted. I guess I define politics differently. To me, it isn't about D vs R. It's about the guns laws they are messing with. It's how their policies impact we the people.

Funny-I was just thinking about whether or not the ignore feature was available here. Some threads have spiraled out of control.

Every other gun forum I follow does block religious discussion. Simple reality is that religion is personal so the "debates" never go well.

Ultimately, your forum, your rules!
Ya I wanted to give people a place to chill and not talk firearms. Politics to me are the same.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
I really try not to engage people where it is obvious there isn't going to be a discussion or someone is willfully misunderstanding what is being written in order to cause friction. People can be aggravating and they do it on purpose.

Just don't engage, there is no point, those people will go away if ignored. Some people get happiness from aggravating others, and that has to be a miserable life to live IMO.

That said, a few bad apples always ruin the fun for everyone else, and that just isn't fair to the reasonable people that want to enjoy a discussion.

@RandallC - I am in NO WAY telling you how to run your forum

This is just a suggestion from what I have seen work in the past on other forums. Have special rules to apply to the problem sub forums. Setup a special permissions group to add people to politics IF THEY ASK, otherwise that sub forum is completely hidden. Add to your rules area a line that says, if you want to be a member of the politics forum, PM randallc - it also helps to skip the people that don't read the rules :) If you don't read the rules, then you have no idea a politics forum exists.

IF someone steps out of line in that special sub forum, ban them from the sub forum immediately (consider warning 1)
If they then carry their nonsense into other areas (seen this too, like carry into feedback forum) then give them warning two

Past that, ban them from everything for 30 days. etc etc etc

Seems to work out well for another small forum I am on. The people posting to cause issues move on to another forum where it is easier to do that.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Meanwhile you allow the rest of your bullies to contine to stir the pot by pretending to be virtuous.

Your site so of course you can and will do what you want: but don't pretend you're trying to be fair and impartial and it was just me and Sleepy. Plenty of other bible thumpers and other instigators. I actually asked you to step in several days ago to stop the constant barrage of harassment but you obviously had no interest.

If you really think you can scold me Randy do it in person. You have my email address.

I sent you a PM already looking for into. If you did message me to stop it or reached out I missed it. Sorry!

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
I invited Dfalt to meet me last evening for a F2F tete-a-tete but of course he never showed. And he won't. And
This did not happen. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and checked my DMs in case I missed it but there's nothing there from you. People might like you more if you didn't pick fights with people and then play the victim when it's no longer going your way, then lie about trying to make amends.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Well gosh...I guess using the Transaction Feedback Forum to leave a me a Negative and "call names" was the honorable thing to do...even though you and I never ever even discussed a transaction or ever even had cross words.

Or is it that you're so special the rules don't apply to you? And here you are today, still throwing shade like your shit doesn't stink.

Anyway...You've got mail.
\Where is the mail?

my email is info@algunforum.com

Status
Not open for further replies.