Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Dear Members If you will take the time and let me know what you think.

I am thinking that politics has no place on this forum just because I do not want to have a political forum. I would like to instate a rule of no politics and no conspiracies' on the forum but wanting to know your feedback.

I fall into the conservatives side of things but I am not a political man. I think with the current events we are having some discussions of politics and I for one, do not want to be involved with the conversations that are taking place even if they are current. I know that politics can ruin a forum and I am waling a fine line of keeping topics open and letting them go or closing them.

I just want your feedback since you make this a place to want to be. Feel free to vote and add a comment.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
How would you distinquish politics from 2nd amendment advocacy? Personally, I don't have a problem with contrary positions. If it gets uncivil or personal, maybe lock the thread.
Well that’s my request for the help of vote. I know they go hand and hand, rights and politics. I’m just trying to see where the line needs to be drawn.

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
Its really up to you if you want to moderate it or not, it could be a lot of work

Most gun forum members I find lean conservative for obvious reasons, but they also get attacked by people that just sign up to cause conflict and really have no interest in guns.

If you want to put in the effort to moderate it, lock threads, ban people that are obviously not gun owners, etc, then that would be great. You are doing people a service, the main stream media is ridiculously biased against guns and conservatives, so sometimes a forum post gets information out there to the people that need it.

This opens the forum owner up to risk too. If the FBI contacts you and wants to know who said what on your forum, that might bring you to another decision.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
If the FBI is worried about us over a forum like 4chan I would be amazed. Honestly I’m just trying to make sure everyone is happy.
I know of a few democrat/anti-trump people that like firearms and just trying to keep everyone happy.

Eaglekeeper

Established Member
Dec 13, 2020
Scottsboro
I know I am new on the forum, so shouldn't really have much say here. But, I wonder if one of the reasons we are where we are, is cutting out political discussion from every aspect of our lives because it IS hard. It sort of seems like, instead of saying it will just turn ugly, is making a concerted effort to learn how to be diplomatic in our responses. I think, from a conservative's perspective anyway, we have taken ourselves out of the debate. My 0.05 cents...

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I know I am new on the forum, so shouldn't really have much say here. But, I wonder if one of the reasons we are where we are, is cutting out political discussion from every aspect of our lives because it IS hard. It sort of seems like, instead of saying it will just turn ugly, is making a concerted effort to learn how to be diplomatic in our responses. I think, from a conservative's perspective anyway, we have taken ourselves out of the debate. My 0.05 cents...
New member old member all feedback is wanted and you make a good point.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
My vote would be to allow the topic; all here understand (or should) that if a discussion (political or otherwise) gets out-of-hand in the view of the forum owner or a moderator, the discussion gets locked and/or deleted. Your house, your rules, I’d say.

Dan the Man

Established Member
Nov 13, 2020
Northwest AL
Ultimately firearm ownership is political.

Mao said it best. "Political power grows out the barrel of a gun". Thats why the founders wanted us armed. Discussing threats to our power should be allowed.

tbk5

Established Member
Jun 21, 2018
Springville, AL
I agree with the comment above-- you are running the site, you can decide what's allowed and when things go too far. I think as this forum membership and volume of messages grow, you'll probably need additional moderators. Either way, the ground rules should to be clear.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Ok Guys, after overwhelming support we can keep the political talk here and there as well as maybe a forum specific for politics is in order so you can go there to discuss and talk but you dont have to if you do not want to.

I agree that owning a firearm is political and politics are intertwin with our daily lives the older you get.

I am always looking for a mod or two for the forum.

Zero

Established Member
Sep 6, 2020
Madison County
The second amendment has been politicized already and there is no going back on that. Maybe you could designate a certain section of the forums to be a political sub forum and all other forums politics could be a prohibited. If you go that route you're going to need moderators.

AlabamaLarry

Established Member
Jan 7, 2021
S. Huntsville, AL
Some forums have a Political Section or Current News. Some have obviously different rules and you must gain access by the Admin/Moderator if one chooses to join the discussion that's on them.

IMO
Coming from a Conservative, Leave it out, we are divided enough and it will just become a huge problem (moderating) and burdensome, not really worth it.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I’m still on the fence about letting it ride of making a forum specific for it. But keep the advice coming!!

AlabamaLarry

Established Member
Jan 7, 2021
S. Huntsville, AL
The bottom line as it has been mentioned, it's your Forum.
If you choose to do it, I would make it by invitation or granted access only.
For access say something to the following agreed to for access.
1). Strict rules about threats verbal, physical or intimidation.
2). If a member has been suspended for various reasons, access denied.
3). Posting of personal information or doxing prohibited.

Basically you really need to cover your A$$ versus providing a service that may not have any benefits. I would definitely get experienced legal counsel in this field.

Status
Not open for further replies.