PTR 91

• Alabama Gun Forum is a free, privately owned and supported community of gun owners. Alabama Gun Forum is free to join and free to use the marketplace. We are always working to improve the community. Please be aware of all forum rules and all gun regulations related to selling and buying firearms. Alabama Gun Forum is not responsible for transactions on this forum.
  • Start Here : Helpful information: 1. Forum Rules | 2. Introduction forum | 3. How to Post Images | 4. Firearm Classifieds

Welcome To AlabamaGunForum!

Alabama Gun Forum is a place to buy, sell and talk firearms for free and privately. Not on facebook, locally owned!

Register Log in

Line Rider

Does anyone on the forum have an experience with the PTR 91, HK91 / G3 clone. I've wanted one since the 80's but could never afford one.

Rayd8

Veteran
National Guard
Army
I have a buddy with an early HK sr9. The “civilian” version of the 91. Kinda like the MR556 vs HK416.

It is a good, reliable shooter, like any HK pistol or rifle I’ve owned/shot. Personally wasn’t a fan of the claw scope mount and I’m not convinced it would hold zero very well (no experience or first hand knowledge).

I’d say go with a a sold AR10 if you want a semi auto 762....maybe even a 6.5mm CM.

Rscinsc

I have one of the early, JLD Enterprises PTR-91.
They should go for around $1k...maybe a little less for a good deal. Magazines were dirt cheap, but are starting to creep up in price (I bought 30 mags for $150/steel & AL).
Might shoots well, it has a welded standard mil rail...I have not handguards. The issue, with all battle rifles (FAL also) is the trigger...but they can be upgraded / smoothed out.
What would you like to know??

Donate to AlGunForum using Paypal

Share us On Facebook!

New Sales

Members online

No members online now.