Recommendations For Ammo Sources

kmann

Established Member
Feb 6, 2022
Gardendale
Hi everyone, need some guidance. For the past four years I’ve ordered probably 95% of my ammo from Big Daddy Unlimited. They’ve gone far down the toilet the last several months and once I finally get the order I placed from their clutches, I’m planning on canceling my membership with them. That being said, I haven’t remotely kept up with the regular ammo market since I’ve been doing almost all my purchases through BDU for so long. What are trusted and reliable websites that are worth using? For reference I try and buy around 500 rounds a month and shoot 400, I buy in bulk a couple times a year, and I try and do high volume training classes at least twice a year, so I go through a fair bit of ammo.

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hi everyone, need some guidance. For the past four years I’ve ordered probably 95% of my ammo from Big Daddy Unlimited. They’ve gone far down the toilet the last several months and once I finally get the order I placed from their clutches, I’m planning on canceling my membership with them. That being said, I haven’t remotely kept up with the regular ammo market since I’ve been doing almost all my purchases through BDU for so long. What are trusted and reliable websites that are worth using? For reference I try and buy around 500 rounds a month and shoot 400, I buy in bulk a couple times a year, and I try and do high volume training classes at least twice a year, so I go through a fair bit of ammo.
I usually order from one of the following:
Sportsman's Guide
Atlantic Firearms
Aim Surplus

Frank Thompson

Veteran Army & Air Force
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, Al
I found out years ago that there are several sites on the Web that you can use that ‘Monitor’ the Web for the lowest price on Ammo. They track it by checking for the lowest prices all across the Web-then They show you the Company Name, Prices,,,,,,etc,,,,,,
For example; Wikiarms, Gun.deals, LAX Ammo, Ammo.Bot, SportsMansGuide, Freedom Munitions. Cheaper than Dirt......These are some places I’ve purchased Ammo from BEFORE the COVID pandemic!
And , some sites you can click on
“New, reloads, brass, steel”,,,,etc and find still lower pricing !!
Check it out and this is just a start.
I usually went to 2 or 3 ‘Search Engines ‘
Then bought say 1,000 rds of 9MM and a friend bought 500 of those !! In
January of 2020 I paid .16 per rd of a
Name brand 9MM Ammo. 8 months later The Price had Doubled!
Good Hunting !!!!
Hope this helps somebody!
FT

mkempton59

Mar 10, 2022
Birmingham
I like https://www.bulkcheapammo.com/. they give you many different ammo sources!!

Khaki

Davidhambey

Established Member
Dec 31, 2023
Anniston, AL
Ammoseek.com my dude
This is my go to, I filter the shipping rating to be >6 and check out the 10 or so cheapest sources. I keep a list in my phone of places with reasonable shipping cost/times and who I have had a good experience with previously. I believe on ammoseek you can make an account to see reviews of certain sites as well.