Recovered Firearm

• Alabama Gun Forum is a free, privatly owned and supported community of gun owners. We are free to join and free to use the marketplace. We are always working to improve the community. Please be aware of all forum rules and all gun regulations related to selling and buying firearms. Alabama Gun Forum is not responsible for trasnactions on this forum.

Welcome To AlabamaGunForum!

Alabama Gun Forum is a place to buy, sell and talk firearms for free and privately. Not on facebook, locally owned!

Register Log in

twhi702

In November I had a firearm stolen. A report was made, but never heard a word from the investigator. Today I was able to recover the firearm from the individual who stole it, with no help from the local police. My question is, how do I go about getting the serial number cleared from NCIC? My wife will be carrying the gun since she works in a bad part of Birmingham and I don't want any kind of issues to arise if she is stopped or god forbid she has to use it.

RandallC

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
I would start off by checking with your local police department. If you want to press charges they may want the weapon as evidence. But just generally ask questions for the moment. You could also reach out to the local bham fbi for general information on how to remove the gun “once found” again I did not find any useful information on NCIC website. So calling and asking would be the best start.

Donate to AlGunForum
Stone
opovoo

New Sales

Members online

No members online now.

Who Has Visited