Welcome to Alabama Gun Forum

Alabama Gun Forum is a place to buy, sell and talk firearms for free and privately. Not on facebook, locally owned!

• Alabama Gun Forum is a free, privately owned and supported community of gun owners. Alabama Gun Forum is free to join and free to use the marketplace. We are always working to improve the community. Please be aware of all forum rules and all gun regulations related to selling and buying firearms. Alabama Gun Forum is not responsible for transactions on this forum.
  • Start Here : Helpful information: 1. Forum Rules | 2. Introduction forum | 3. How to Post Images | 4. Firearm Classifieds
Coated bullets

Restoring gun rights

Zero

Established Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the end of their sentence isnt always the end of their criminal career. Plenty of frequent flyers out their. We as a society dont have the means or will to build enough prisons to lock up most of these guys for life.

Maybe the prison system needs to be reformed and for profit systems abolished then? Nordic countries have the lowest prison population and felons often do not return because they reform and provide services so the people can integrate into society.

MadeInDixie

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. I have watched multiple documentaries on the prison system in Europe and their prisons are like 4 star hotels. They actually focus on the rehabilitation of the offender instead of just locking them away. Privatization of the prison system is the biggest racket and money maker ever.

Blackwarriorjammin

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe the prison system needs to be reformed and for profit systems abolished then? Nordic countries have the lowest prison population and felons often do not return because they reform and provide services so the people can integrate into society.
The vast majority of our correctional facilities in our country are run by counties and states and are actually costing tax payers money not making money per say. For profit prisons aren't the source of our ill.

Blackwarriorjammin

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree. I have watched multiple documentaries on the prison system in Europe and their prisons are like 4 star hotels. They actually focus on the rehabilitation of the offender instead of just locking them away. Privatization of the prison system is the biggest racket and money maker ever.
I'm sure the homogeneous Nordic countries don't have to consider the violence sparked by different racial and ethnic groups being housed in the same facilities as we do here either. They have the ability to actually focus on being true correctional facilities. Here staff is just worried about not getting killed in the middle of these riots

copperhead-1911

Established Member
Reaction score
2 parts to this.
1. What is everyone's opinion on nonviolent or nonsexual felons getting their gun rights back?
2. If you knew somwonebin this situation, what would be your advice to them on how to go about doing so?
Thank you.
Well when people talk about felons getting thier right to vote back I often bring up why not get their gun rights. Now i do this because as we know many if not most supporting this have an agenda and the party most felons would support is the same one who wnats to restrict guns.

As far as non violent felons depending on the felony ( some drug crimes like trafficing are non violent but have violence all around them) I am ok with them getting it back

CBG

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't know if many of you remember G. Gordon Liddy from Watergate fame. Incredibly talented and intelligent man. I heard him on a radio program where the question came up about his gun ownership being a convicted felon. He remarked that he "did not own any guns", but that his wife had several. Clever man.
He was a Special Agent in the FBI (before Watergate of course) and was rated by the Treasury Department as a pistol expert whose draw and hit was timed electronically by the FBI at 60/100 of a second. Liddy was once assigned by the Secret Service to protect President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Jhare123

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I can speak on this situation from personal experience. I had some drug convictions back in the late 70s. I decided to try to get my rights restored. It is an extremely lengthy process. Took me eight years. And you go through every kind of investigation possible. They scrutinize everything about you. And you have to have several very good character references. You even have to give a DNA sample. You go through five or six different stages and at every stage they eliminate some. Extremely hard to get. But I did get mine several years back.